Chapter Forty-Six - Crash Landing

Start from the beginning

"If I'm not returning to reality until tomorrow, then I have no reservations about indulging myself tonight."

I walked over to where he stood and lifted myself up on the tips of my toes to softly kiss his lips.

When I pulled away, Cain let out a shallow breath.

"Ella, don't do this," he pleaded.

I reached around and untied my robe, letting it fall to the floor.

"Too late."

And that was all it took.

I was immediately lifted into his arms, his lips pressed against mine in a kiss that felt so desperate and needy that it made my stomach lurch.

I heard the squeak of the mattress springs as Cain laid me down on his bed. Hovering over me, Cain reached down and threw his towel off to the side.

He planted wet kisses along my jaw and neck before moving down to my collarbone and chest.

"God, you're covered in his scent," he growled against my skin.

"Do something about it then."

He looked up at me with a glint in his eyes that made me wish I hadn't said that.

"I plan on it."

Cain took hold of my hips and pushed me farther up the bed. He reached up around me, grabbed a pillow and stuffed it under my lower back.

I realized what he was doing as he slung both of my legs over his shoulders and crouched down so I could feel his breath against my inner thighs. 

I let out a small whimper as his tongue begin to trace circles on my inner thighs, getting closer and closer to where I wanted him to be.

It wasn't until I saw stars dancing on the ceiling above me that Cain finally pulled away and came to hover over me once more.

He smirked as he noticed me trying to catch my breath.

"Tired already?" he asked.

"No," I said, panting. "I'm actually just waiting for the good stuff to start."

He rolled his eyes as he positioned his hips in alignment with mine. 

"Fine, then. Have it your way."

There was nothing gentle or soft about what happened next.

And, God, did it make me wish the night would never end.

- - -

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a phone ringing.

Pulling the sheets over my head, I prayed the ringing would go away so I could go back to sleep.

When it didn't, I huffed and reached over to grab the phone from the nightstand.

"What?"

"Well, good morning, Sunshine," I heard Daniel say. "I would say that I hope you slept well, but I know you haven't been sleeping much considering that the two of you kept me up all night."

"What do you want, Daniel?" I asked, my grumpiness evident in my voice.

"I called to tell you that Priya is on her way up with a change of clothes for you. Your car is here to take you to the airport." 

And just like that, I was grumpy for a different reason.

"Fine," I said before hanging up.

I sat up in the bed and realized that I was alone.