Chapter 25

Shea's POV

We arrived at the apartment buiding. I saw the girls and Mr. Millers car. I grabbed the groceries from the back and walk to my apartment. I opened the door and saw them laying on the ground, talking.

"Hey, Shea!" Andrea screamed.

"Hey!" I yelled back.

"What's that?" Amy asked.

"Groceries. Put them away, I'll be back in a little bit." I waved then exited the apartment.

I walked down the the stairs to the Millers apartment. I knocked on the door and he answered.

"Hi Shea, what do you need?" Mr. Miller (Jake) asked.

"This guy is trying to kidnap me. He was stupid to let me drop my stuff off. I was wondering if you could help me." I asked.

"Of course. Let me go out a minute before you though." He grabbed his gun and handcuffs.

He walked out while I waited. I walked to my car and saw the guy looking at me. Jake opened the door and pulled him out off the car. He flipped him over and handcuffed him.

"Thanks, Jake." I said.

"No problem. Have a good night." He waved.

"Thanks you too." I walked back to my apartment, plopped on the couch.

"Where'd you go?" Jenn asked.

"This guy tried to kidnap me but I got Jake to take care of him." I shrugged.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" They ran over to me.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go to sleep. It's been a long night." I got up.

"You did great tonight. We saw you on tv." I continued walking to my room, changed then went to bed.

* Next Morning *

I woke up and got out of bed. I hopped in the shower, washed my hair and body. I got out and picked out an outfit. I put on a pair of black high-waisted ripped jeans, white crop top, black leather jacket, black ankle boots with a heel. I straightened my hair and did my makeup.

I walked to the kitchen and got waffle mix. I got out a plate and put two waffles on each then placed a cup of orange juice at each plate.

"Amy, breakfast is ready!" A grunt was heard in response. When I finished she sat down. I put my dishs in the sink then grabbed my keys. I started walking to the door.

"Where are you going?" Amy asked.

"Going to visit my father in prison." I replied in discust.

"Why?" she asked.

"I want to see why he did it." I replied.

"Oh..stay safe." She gave me a small smile.

I exited the apartment and walked to my car. I was about to open the door when.

"Hi, Shea!" I turned around and saw Jenn.

"Hey Jenn!" I replied.

"Where are you going? Or did you just get back?" She asked.

"Im going to visit my father- I mean Mr.Cain in prison." I said in discust.

"Why?" She asked.

"I want to know why he did it." I said.

"Can I come with you?" She asked.

"Um.. I don't care. I mean-" I started.

"What I meant was I'm coming with you." She got in my car.

"Ok then." I got in and blasted perfection. Also known as Ariana Grande, sorry I love her and her music.

*Skip drive to prison*

We got out and went to the gate.

"Who are you here for?" A guard asked.

"Logan Cain, I am his daughter Shea Cain. This is my friend Jenn McAllister. We are here to talk to him." I said.

"Ok. Let us check you then we will bring you to a table where you will wait for him." He brought us over to a table with metal detectors. He patted us down, checked our wallets and our pockets. A different officer walked us to a table then left.

"What are you going to ask him?" Jenn asked.

"Why he did what he did." I replied. I guess she thought I needed time to prepare myself so she stopped asking me questions. Which I'm glad for.

"Hello Shea." A voice I never thought I'd hear again said.

"Hello, Logan." I replied in discust.

"No need to be that way." He said.

"I have my reasons." I rolled my eyes.

"What are you here for?" He asked.

"I want to ask you a question." I replied.

"Then ask it." He said.

"Why did you do what you did to me?" I asked.

"So you don't know? Your mother knew what I was doing to you. She knew that I beat you everyday. She knew that I sent you to the hospital that day. The best part is she told me too do it. She made me do it, it wasn't my choice." He leaned back in his chair and smiled.

"That's not true! She wouldn't do that!" I yelled.

"Yes it is. I would never hurt my princess." He said.

"Don't call me that!" I spat. I ran out the doors and out the building. I ran to my car with Jenn following behind. I hopped in and took a deep breathe.

"What was that?" Jenn asked catching her breathe.

"I just found out the woman I grew up to love knew I was getting hurt and it was her idea." I looked at her.

"Where are we going now?" She asked.

"You are going home. I'm going to visit the woman I once loved." I started driving.

*Skip ride to her mom's house*

I pulled into the drive way. I got out and walked in the house.

"Hello?" I said.

"In the kitchen!" She yelled. I walked in and she turned around.

"Hello, dear!" She hugged me, but I didn't hug back.

"Hi." I put my hand on my hip.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"Tell you what?" She replied.

"That you told Logan to hurt me. You made him hurt me. You knew that he hurt me and didn't do anything. I bet you knew that I cut too. Did you!" I screamed at her, tears falling.

"What are you talking about? That's not true." She defended herself.

"I hate you!" Those three words broke her. I ran out of the house and into my car.

I blasted the radio on the ride home. I pulled into a spot and ran to my apartment. I entered and the lights were on.

"Hello?" No answer, good.

I ran to my room and packed a suitcase full of clothes, makeup, and hair products. I grabbed a bag and filled it with chargers, computer, and my camera.

I grabbed a piece of paper.

Dear Amy or whoever reads this,

I am going away for a while. I need time alone and too think. I will still be going to school but will keep to myself. If you want to know what's wrong ask Jenn, she can tell you. Don't worry, I will come back. Amy, I will text you once in while so you know I'm okay.

Love, Shea

I grabbed my stuff and ran to my car. I shoved everything in the trunk. I started pulling out when the girls pulled up. They looked at me as I looked away. I sped down the road to find somewhere to stay.