Chapter 4

Matt's POV

When we got home from the movies I asked Shea what happened. She told me exactly what happened and started to cry. I wiped her tears away with my thumbs and pulled to in my chest.

"Shea it's ok it's over. Your safe now. I will protect you. He will never get near you again." I told her.

"Thanks Matt for everything you have done for me." She replied.

"Wanna go to my room and watch a movie?" I asked and she nodded. We ended up watching her favorite Disney movie Tangled. We laid down in bed and she put her head on my chest as we watched the movie. We both fell asleep.

When I woke up Shea was still asleep with her head on my chest. She looked so cute while she was sleeping. I didn't want to wake her up so I grabbed my phone and took a pic of her sleeping. I posted on Instagram and Twitter with the caption "Look at this sleepy head😴".

Shea's POV

When I woke up i looked up at Matt and he was staring at me.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked as I covered my face.

"No there is nothing on your face." He replied.

"What was it then?" I asked.

"Nothing." He quickly replied.

"Can we go get breakfast?" I asked as my stomach growled. We both laughed.

"Get ready then we can go to IHOP." He told me and I nodded and quickly changed. I put on some light grey high waisted shorts and a flowy peach crop top. Then did my usual makeup. Matt grabbed his keys then we went to IHOP. The song Drunken Love came up and Matt started singing has loud as he could.

After we finished eating we drove to school. I only have three classes with Matt and four with Amy. Second period was with Cole the boy who keeps telling me to kill myself. He used to be my best friend but then he changed, never talked to me. When I was walking to class Cole came to me with his group of friends and pushed me into my locker.

"Why don't you do us all a favor and kill yourself already!" He screamed at me. I started to cry but saw Matt so I wiped my tears away.

"Are you ok?" Matt asked. I nodded then walked away to Amy's locker. We walked to class together and told each other about our problems.

Then second period came with Cole.

"Here's a gift for you. We hope you like it." He said as he put the box down and went to his seat. I knew I would regret opening it but I had to. I opened it and almost cried but I held back the tears. I saw a box of blades and a rope tried in a loop.

"That's enough class. Shea, Do you need to exit the room for a minute? Cole I will talk to you after class!" Ms. Shute yelled. I ran out of the room and slide down the wall with tears down my face.

I heard someone coming in the halfway and ran to the bathroom. I grabbed one of the blades and cut myself and I didn't do more since I was in school. I ran out the building all the way home. I didn't go to Matts since I didn't wanna get stopped by his parents. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a blade an cut myself four more times. I started crying as the blood dripped from my arm. Then I got a text from Matt. (💜-Shea, 💙-Matt)

💙- Hey where are you?

💜- I went home

💙- Why? Are you at my house?

💜- No I am at my house. I will explain later.

💙- Ok tell me later. Go to my house please.

💜- Fine but I will just come back to school.

💙- Ok gtg in class just got yelled at.

💜- Ok bye

I put on a sweater that said 'or nah' then fixed my makeup. I grabbed my bag then went to school for the second time today. I quickly got my books then went to class. Matt sat down next to me and asked "what happened earlier before you went home?"

"I will tell you later" I replied with a fake smile.

Then Cole walked in and asked, "Did you use one of my gifts?" with a smile. I just looked away and started to cry.

"Ignore him. By the way what was the gift?" Matt said that just made me cry even harder and I ran out of the room.

I heard someone running after me and they grabbed my wrist and turned me around. I winced in pain and saw Matt. He looked at my wrists and looked at me.

"Why?" He asked and I just shook my head.

"Shea tell me why or I'm gonna find out." I just shook my head again then he left. I ran to my locker and ran home for the second time today.

Matt's POV

When I saw Shea's wrist, I got really mad and confused why she did it. She wouldn't tell my why so I let go and went to Cole.

"What was the gift you gave Shea?" I asked Cole.

"I got her some things to help her." He replied with a smirk.

I pushed him against the wall and said, "Tell me what it was or you get hurt" as I held up a fist.

"I put blades in the box so she would kill herself!" He quickly replied so he wouldn't get hurt. I punched him in the face then went to find Shea. I guess she went to my house so I went there first.