Chapter 39

Third Person's POV

It was Sunday afternoon, the day of the funeral. Everyone was dressed in black, silently sitting in their seats. All you could hear was the cries from loved ones. They were all heart broken when they heard the news. Now they sat here saying goodbye to a beautiful soul. They all didn't want to believe it, they didn't want to believe that they lost an amazing person.

Amy was the first to present her Eulogy. She stood at the podium, shaking, holding back her sobs.

"Good Afternoon. My name is Amy and Shea was an incredible friend, more like sister. We've had so many adventures and amazing times. We laughed, we cried, we fought, and we laughed again. I could go on for hours talking about how great of a person Shea is, but I think all you already know. I have lots of good memories of my friend. I only remember one bad memory. It was when she found out some news, that was not true. She didn't know what to think and she ran, away from her problems. I so worried about her but I understood. When she passed I wanted to run, run away from all of this. I can't though, that wouldn't help me in anyway.

I remember our trip to DisneyLand, it was her idea. We looked like to goofs running around the parks. We got super hyper from eating tons of candy. I ended up throwing up on a ride and she laughed, so did I. After I got cleaned up though. We were going to go again this summer, we will. I know that she will be with me.

20 days ago, my best friend past away. I didn't know that would be my last time seeing her. There's now an empty place in my heart, a place nobody can fill. February 12th, the day my best friend passed away. It' s a memory I can't erase from my mind nor my heart. Although I told her I loved her a lot, I wish I could do it one last time and tell her my life will not be complete without her. I thank you Shea, for all those years of friendship. Thank you for always sticking by my side. I want you to know, you'll always be on my mind and in my heart. You'll always be my sister, Shea. I love you." She broke down in tears as she said her last words. She sat down in her seat leaned against Logan sobbing. It was Matts turn now.

"For those of you who don't know me, I'm Matthew, Shea was my best friend. She lived a short life but it was filled of laughs, smiles, and happiness. She was an amazing person. We had our ups and downs but everyone does. We would fight then show up at each others houses with our favorite candy. Her was Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar. We would pretend to still be mad at each other till we got our candy. The last time was did that was probably a year ago.

Shea and I have many memories together, but my favorite one was when we would go to the candy store.We'd run around the store getting lots of candy, even sneaking more into the basket. Once we got home, we'd eat till our stomachs ached. I was fortunate that we became friends, we shared lots of things. We shared toys, candy, food, stories, and problems. We were always there for each other.

In these years I've spent with Shea, I had the best time of my life. When we were little we were attached, we'd never leave each others side. Every time one of us wanted to go somewhere we'd have to go together. Recently we weren't on good terms, it was my fault. I won't go into detail but I wish she was here so I could apologize. I should've done that a long time ago, but I was too stubborn.

In conclusion, Shea will be dearly missed. People like her are one in a million. I hope I can become like her someday.

So let's celebrate her life and continue her legacy. Thank you Shea, I love you, and will miss you." He quietly sat down in his seat, looking at the floor tear started flowing down his cheeks. It was now her moms turn, the hardest one.

"First of all, I want to thank all of you for being here. Also I thank you for making Shea have a great life. Now I feel as though I could right a book regrading Sheas life so I'll do my best to make this brief.

Shea was a very kind and compassionate person. She loved her friends, family, and classmates very much. Sometimes she'd stick her nose in others business but I know her motives were not malicious. She had a gift and was able to have complete strangers share their life stories with her in their first conversation. She truly had a compassionate, open heart

In our neighborhood, everyone was family. I used to bake a lot, I also had an open door policy. Shea would bring in some of the neighborhood kids to snack on the treats, I'd make. She did not have to but she cared about them.

I don't know how she managed to live with me. I would also ask her to clean or go out and buy me more ingredients to cook. She loved helping cook brownies, she would eat the batter that was left in the bowl. It was her favorite part, no matter how old she got. She loved trying new things and getting others to do it with her.

She taught us different things. She taught us to care more, to be nice, never forget each other, and mostly of all to love one another. She was a strong girl, a little stubborn, gentle but direct and had a great sense of humor.

In the last year, it was very hard for Shea. If sure you all know what happened. I don't know how she coped with it all, but she did. I know that she is at peace now.

Her birthday was coming up, it would be two weeks away. I treasure all the memories I've had with her. Her first words, first day of school, baking with her, and lots more.

We've lost family and friends over the years, but I comforted by the fact that Shea is in heaven continuing her legacy of sticking her nose in others business.

I hope and pray that our generation can continue the passion and love of family and friends that you all have shared with us. I love you honey, I will miss you a bunch."