Ch. 18

Carolina is lying asleep on a bed while Wyoming sits on a chair next to her. York, helmetless, walks in with Wash and sits down. In the background, Maine can be seen sitting on another bed while being examined by a doctor.

"How's the patient?" Washington asked.

"Should be coming around any moment."
York looks over at Maine.

"What's he in for? And where's Tennessee?" York asked.

"Probably for all the headaches he's been having. Did you ever get them after you got Delta?"

"At first, they went away pretty quick though. The other side effects were way worse."

"What other side effects?" 

"You know, bleeding from the eyes, ringing ears... inverted penis..."

"Inverted what?!"

"Dude, I'm just fucking with you, ok? Couple of headaches, that's it."

"So whats different about Maine then?"

"It probably has to do with Maine not being the first choice for Sigma." Tennessee's voice rang out.

"Tennessee." York and Washington say at the same time.

"How you doin man?" York asked.

"Good good. Doctors cleared me for duty today. Some miracle drug they used on me or something."
Carolina begins to wake up.

"Hey! She's awake!" York's says.

Tennessee stands over her.
"How you feeling, champ?"

Carolina awakens and suddenly sits up.

"I want a match. Right... now."

——Time Skip—-

Carolina, accompanied by York, and Tennessee enters the training room.

Tex is seen in the center of the room as a rack with weapons is deployed. Carolina, York, and Tennessee stop as another weapons rack appears in front of them.

"Okay, just pick a piece of equipment you know how to use already."

Carolina begins to arm herself with various items, not listening to York.

"Or, just grab everything and anything, that works too, I guess."

Tennessee laughed and began walking to Texas, who is arming herself as well, on the training room floor. Omega appears next to her.

"Hey, I've got this one Omega."

"Next time..." Omega growled.

"Yo, Tex." Tennessee greeted walking up to Texas.

"What do you want?" Tex asked him.

"When this is over, can we talk?"

"Uh sure?"

"Cool, good luck." Tennessee then walks away and head back towards Carolina.

"Agent York and Tennessee, please clear the floor."

"In a second F.I.L.S.S! Now at first the voice of the A.I -sorry, A.I.s', it will feel like a tickle, okay? Just focus on that and it will get clear. Trust them. I know that'll be hard, but I promise they'll help."

"Agents, clear the floor, please."

"In a second F.I.L.S.S!" Tennessee yells.

"Clear the floor or enter the match, Tennessee. Your choice."