Ch. 14

A few months after the capture of Tennessee .

A seagull lands on a submerged helmet before being sniped. Wyoming surfaces and, along with Florida, are seen spying on the Insurrectionists at the shipyard.

A Falcon flies by.

"Well, third craft this afternoon. Let's see who else is arriving." Wyoming states.

C.T. and the Insurrectionist Leader disembark from the Falcon.

"It's her." Demo Man grunts.

"I can't believe he trusts that bitch after what she did to us." Girlie comments.

"There she is." As Wyoming looks through the scope of his rifle, C.T. gazes out in his direction.

"Come in, Command. Tell the Director she's here. Still no sign of Tennessee."

——C.T. and Leader——

Cut to the Leader and C.T.

"What is it?"

"It's nothing...come on. Let's go see if they broke Tennessee yet."

The two continue walking, but not before the Leader glances back out torward the ocean.

——Mother of Invention——

Fade to the Mother of Invention flying through space before cutting to the Director and Counselor inside.

"Congratulations, Director. Another successful test."
"Another fragment was harvested this morning, Counselor. Find it a match."

"This morning? That is ahead of schedule."

"Our time grows short, find it a match."

Carolina walks in.

"Director, Wyoming reported in."

"And?"

"You won't like what he found, sir."

" Agent Carolina, information never displeases me. It's ignorance that I find unforgivable. Report."

"It's like you said...C.T. is with them. And there's no sign of Tennessee, meaning he's being held captive."

"You know what to do. I do not need to remind you how valuable our technology is, Carolina."

"She doesn't have an A.I., sir. And she wasn't exactly the best agent."

"C.T. will be an acceptable loss. But her armor must not fall into the wrong hands. And Tennessee isn't, he is a vital part to the Project."

"I understand. Will we be the only forces sent out on this mission, sir?"

"Leave personnel decisions to me, agent. Just do your job! It's time to cut the head off the enemy once and for all!" The Director stated leaning forward on the table.

"Yes, sir." Carolina glances up at Tex's name on the leaderboard before leaving.

——With Tennessee—-

Tennessee was strapped to a chair without armor. His body bruised and bloody. And he looked worse for wear. He usually had his hair short, and his beard trimmed into a goatee. But now his hair and beard was long. And his face was bruised and bloody.

"Ready to talk yet?" The leader asked Tennessee, who was silent.

Until he looked at the floor and spit blood.

"Obviously not." The leader sighed then nodded to sleeveless. Who punched Tennessee in the face.

Tennessee stared sleeveless in the eyes.