Ch. 13

Fade in to space where the Mother of Invention is seen flying through space. Cut to Washington, and York staring downwards between North Dakota's legs.

"I expected it to be... bigger." Washington was unimpressed.

"Why? You've seen mine he's small too."

"Yeah, but he's green." Wash commented.

"How does that even make sense?" York asked.

"Hey Wash, quit staring. You're making it nervous." North stated.

"Yeah, it's just... they're so small!"

"Small, yeah! But you wouldn't believe what it can do!" York laughed.

"Besides, you better get used to it. You're going to have one of your own, soon enough." North commented.

South comes to see what they're all looking at

"Give me a break." South scoffed, and walks away.

"It's alright Theta, come on out. People just want to say hello to you."

Theta is revealed, a blue and red multi-colored A.I., hiding behind North's left leg

"I don't know. There's so many of them. And they're so... big." Theta says a little bit scared.

"See! I'm not the only one who thinks size is important." Wash points out.

"I'm just going to let that one go..." York sighs.

"It's okay Theta. They're all friends of mine. For reasons beyond my comprehension."

Theta appears above North's shoulder

"They're looking at me."

"That's because they want to meet you. This is York, and Wash."

"Hey there little....computer....dude."

"Give it a rest, Wash. Theta, I have a friend just like you. His name is Delta."

Theta appears in front of York.

"Really?" Theta asked.

"Yeah!! Here, you-you wanna say hello to him?"

"Um....York?"

"It's okay, man. Just for a second." York waved him off.

Delta appears in front of York.

"Hello Theta. I am Delta. It is nice to meet you."

"Hello." Theta says nervously.

"See? Everybody here is nice. Isn't that right, Delta?"

"Agent North, I do not feel qualified to make a judgement about humans with whom I have only limited experience. Also, "nice" is a rather subjective term for-"

"Delta!" York warns.

"Oh yes!! Everyone here is "nice".....within standard acceptable deviations."

"DELTA!!!" York shouts.

"And that's my sister over there, South. We're twins." North points to South leaning against a wall, watching them.

"I have a sister." Theta says.

"You do?" Wash asked.

"We have many siblings." Theta says.

"What do you mean by si-"

"Hello everyone." The Director and Counselor enter the room. The Freelancers line up and Theta disappears.

"I hope you're ready to begin our test. Delta! I
believe you know the protocol about communicating directly with other A.I. units."