chapter 41

*current time*
Emma's POV

"how much do you know already?" She asked me, looking more guilty by the second.

I took a deep breath, to restrain myself from screaming at her. Half of me wants to rip her throat out, but the other half understands that I can't avoid her forever.

"I know you're pregnant and I know that it's Joes baby. I'm kinda hoping that that's it, unless you have anything else to tell me?" I said, hoping that she wouldn't suddenly confess a whole heap of other secrets.

"No that's everything. But I haven't taken the test yet, I needed you here" she said. Sophie ran into my arms and let out a flood load of tears. I half-hugged her back but it felt extremely awkward and I wasn't ready for a hug. I feel sorry for her but not enough to forgive her straight away.

I let go of Sophie and began to walk towards the table that had the pregnancy on it. I had a sudden flash back of a few days ago when I was in the exact same position but I had to do it alone.

"are you ready then?" I asked her, now holding the test in my hand. As much as I hope that she isn't pregnant, it would be nice to have someone in the same position as me.

"as ready as I'll ever be!" She replied. She looks the most nervous I've ever seem her, and I've know her for years!

I handed the test over to her and as she grabbed it I could feel her hand shaking.

"it's going to be okay, I promise" I said smiling at her and she grabbed the test. I leaned in and hugged her, this time is was sincere and it didn't feel awkward.

She walked off to the bathroom and I sat down on the sofa. Time is going by so slowly and I can practically feel myself getting older! I really don't know what to think anymore but even if she isn't pregnant I still want us to be friends.

Sophie's POV

I can feel the tension between me and Emma but I think she's as nervous as me! She says that she doesn't care either way but I can tell she's praying that there isn't any baby. Honestly, I'm not ready to be a mum and Em will be a thousand times better than me. But I kind of think that without the baby connecting us then Em won't care about me anymore.

Each step that I take towards the bathroom feels colder and colder. And the goosebumps are taking over my body. Just to think, in a few minutes I'll know whether I'm a mum or not.

I hope I took the test right? I know that it's just peeing on a stick but I worry okay! I suppose that I'm going to have to go and face Emma now.

"hey" I said walking towards her and closing the bathroom door behind me. I walked towards her with my head dropped like I was embarrassed to be seen, which I kind of am.

"hey! How did it go?" She asked me, looking genuinely concerned, which warmed my heart.

"Alright I guess, it's just a matter of waiting" I said now looking into her eyes.

This is the longest 3 minutes of my life! We're just sat on the sofa and occasionally one of us looks up and gives the other a weird look. I don't even know what to say. And I have no clue about how she'll react.

"Time?" She asked, looking at her phone. I turned mine on to confirm.

"Yeah, it's time" I said, grabbing her hand and squeezing it painfully tight.

The tension grew as I slowly turned the test around to reveal the results.

All went silent.

Hey guys, let me know what you think so far and if you have any ideas for future chapters, but I have a general idea of where the story is going. Thanks for reading!