chapet 23

Dad Dave's POV

To be honest I was a shit dad and I never forgave myself for abandoning Em and Tom. I could never handle it when things got tough, so I left them on the day that their mum was diagnosed with cancer. No wonder Em didn't stick around, I knew that she couldn't forgive me easily and I understood if she never did.

I was a pathetic, homeless, alcoholic who moved from town to town searching for just the smallest drink. Addict doesn't begin to describe how hooked I was on the thrill ride. I'm not going to lie and say that I drank to kill the pain of losing my family because frankly I didn't care, I only drank because it made me feel warm inside, crazy right?

I know that no-one will ever sympathize with me. And I sound so stupid saying that my life, for the last few years, has been horrible, but it's true. I've missed out on seeing my kids grow up and the thought of me abandoning them now make me feel like I deserve to die.

I have to earn their trust back, starting with Em. It was clear that she liked this boy, which meant I liked this boy and know matter what he had done, Emma deserved happiness.

I may not have known Em that well anymore, but I did still remembered the dreams that she had since she was small and I was going to make sure the Joe made them all come true.

I had a plan and it was going to work.

Joe's POV

Today was the day that I was going to win Emma back, thanks to Dave. I don't know much about their relationship, but I feel like he's hiding something from me, something secret.

I couldn't care though, not today. Today she would find out how much I really cared about her and that we were truly made for each other.

The plan was ready and all would soon be revelled.