y

"Dad." Aylin whispered into Jin's ear, the two in the far back of the car. "I'm nervous."

"Me too." Jin stopped biting his fingernails and turned his attention on the one who needed reassuring. "You have your phone?" Aylin pulled out the iphone 5, fumbling with it for her hands were shaking slightly. "Remember, if you ever feel scared, or unsafe or sad, you pull out that phone and call what number?"

"12345677." Aylin recited, the number grilled into her mind for the next seven or so years. "To represent us eight."

"Exactly Flower." Jin kissed her forehead and hugged her, rubbing her shoulder. "You will enjoy school. Everyone will be nice and you have your phone just in case." Aylin nodded and put away her phone. "Everything will be perfect today."

"We are here." Yoongi parked the car, the rest of the boys immediately filing out, the little kids staring at them.

"You ready to go Aylin?" Jimin crouched down beside Aylin, smiling gently. She nodded quickly, forcing herself to be brave. If she could have brain surgery, she could go to kindergarten. The two fist bumped before Aylin hugged her fathers individually before finally walking away, waving before running to a group of girls braiding each other's hair.

"My baby girl is all grown up." Hoseok's hands were on his heart, lip out as he stared at Aylin, heart swelling.

"She went through brain surgery." Taehyung rolled his eyes at his emotional hyung, everyone waving once Aylin looked back at them. "She's pretty grown up to me."

"We should go." Yoongi spoke after they all remained standing, watching Aylin. "We look creepy."

"Yeah we do." And several other mumbles of agreements before they all piled back into the car.

Two miles later.

"I miss her."

"Yeah let's get her back."

"Yoongi no."

"Yoongi yes."

"We can't just get her back from school."

"Why not."

"Because."

"That's not a valid answer, hyung."

"Shut it, maknae."

"Yoongi if you turn this car around you are locked out of the apartment."

"Fine, I'll crash in Jungkook's."

"Why mine?"

And the bickering continued until the seven got home, Aylin's absence not going unnoticed.

----

"We are so attached." Jimin chuckled as he helped Taehyung hang the streamers by the sign that read 'How Was Your First Day Of School, Flower?'

"Nah." Jungkook sipped his water, watching them do the work. "We are just extra." Jin, Namjoon and Yoongi had left to pick up Aylin, which gave the others time to do the things they previously said no to.

"I can't believe they left us without a supervisor." Hoseok laughed, opening a Sprite can and sitting beside Jungkook, watching Taehyung and Jimin argue about where the sign should be. "Idiots."

"Who?" Jungkook laughed as Taehung fell into the couch. "Those two or the other three?"

"Both honestly."

The two laughed and clinked their drinks together in cheers, Taehyung and Jimin almost ripping the sign in the back.

"Okay so we have the cake-" Jungkook was in the kitchen now, making sure the snacks and drinks were all in place. "Who the fuck ate some of the cake?"

"Oh that was for Aylin?" Taehyung and Jimin looked up from their shared piece, Hoseok sighing.

"It literally read 'Welcome Back Aylin!' on it." Hoseok threw a pillow at the pair and then they heard it.

They keys.

The four scrambled into position, each holding some kind of food they made and Jimin held a confetti popper as well.

"Welcome home Aylin!" The four cheered and Jimin popped the confetti, Aylin giggling with joy as she ran around in it. Jin glared at the four and Jungkook scratched his nose with his middle finger.

"How was school Pumpkin?" Jungkook asked as Aylin jumped into his arms, the pair smiling as widely as they could. Jin grumbled something and kicked confetti, Yoongi snickering in the back as Jimin dodged Jin's light slap.

The rest of the night consisted of stressful homework. Stressful for the boys, funny to Aylin. There were popcorn and movies as well.

Every sleepover leaves one person awake by themself.

"This is what a family is." Yoongi looked around at everyone, blankets and limbs everywhere. "Love."