"Satori can walk you back! It's dangerous!" She protested.

"Don't worry, it's broad day light, nothing's going to happen to me." You assures her with a soft smile. After a few more minutes of arguing, she let you go. "Thanks for letting me stay the night, I'll come back again for dinner with Satori sometime."

Tendo and his mom waved you off, Tendo rubbing his eyes tiredly and his mom beaming and waving enthusiastically, attempting to show her support.

Once they were out of sight, you finally got to slouch your shoulders and let out a sigh. Acting as if you got enough sleep was much tougher than you had expected. You looked around for a few seconds then headed into a coffee shop when you were certain no one was following you.

"One Americano, please." You ordered and reached for your purse when someone handed over a note in your place. Your body froze up momentarily, terrified that it might be your lunatic of a father but you exhaled in relief when your eyes caught sight of his volleyball shoes.

"You don't have to pay for me, Ushijima."

"I still owe you for that time you bought the whole team lunch after Saturday practice."

"That was on the house! The manager let me because you guys are regulars now." You argued.

"Just let me pay, okay?" He said softly. "I'll stop using honourifics if you let me pay."

"You've to use my first name too." You challenged, raising the bar. He wasn't one to show affection to people or showcase how close he was to them by saying their first names. He would definitely turn you dow—

"Okay." He replied and paid for your coffee before ordering his own then finding a seat.

"I- you- did you just- what?" You were still not following where this was going, and your sleep deprived state certainly wasn't helping.

"Do you come here often?" He asked.

"Did you get hit in the head?" You asked.

"What?"

"You never talk this much."

"Ah. Tendo told me to walk you home. He said you might be here, and to distract you. So I'm trying to talk more. Is it distracting?" He asked.

"Your face is distractingly good looking." You mumbled.

"Pardon?"

"Oh, yeah. Yeah you're doing a great job being distracting. Keep it up." You chuckled.

The two of you engaged in pleasant conversation for a few minutes before you began yawning uncontrollably. "I'm taking a power nap. Wake me up in ten." You told Ushijima to which you vaguely remember him nodding before you close your eyes and passed out.

~•~

Ten minutes had passed, and then twenty but you showed no signs of waking up despite how many times Ushijima said your name or tapped your shoulder.

He sighed in defeat and managed to get you on his back after a few minutes of awkwardly struggling, he piggybacked you out of the coffee shop.

The way to your house was quiet, since you weren't awake to talk his ear off, but Ushijima found the silence odd now, having gotten used to the noise you make at practices.

His face twisted into a frown as he approached your house, something seemed off. The lights were switched on even though it was day time and he noticed that the door knob was broken when he reached your door. "(F/n)." He whispered urgently. "I think there's someone in your house."

Hearing those words, your eyes shot open and you were in a state of fear and panic. "Why are you here?" You exclaimed, jumping off his back. "Leave, now. Run." You whispered shouted at him.

"My dear (f/n)-chan~ is that you?" The oddly familiar voice came from the window upstairs and your whole body froze, suddenly unable to move. Your knees were trembling and you turned to Ushijima with a look of desperation.

"Get out of here while you still can, Ushijima."

~•~

Ahahahhaha so update right—

IM SORRY ITS LATE my dad turned off the WiFi last night and my broke ass doesn't have data so even though I finished this like 10 hours ago or something I couldn't publish >:(

BUT HEY ITS OUT NOW!!

*not proof read*
IM SORRY IM LAZY—

Pls love me 🥺🥺