53 - Scars and Shivers

Draco sighed heavily as he gathered the dark haired Ravenclaw into his arms.

He wished they could stay here like this forever, never having to face what lay for them outside of this room.

"We should get dressed," Aurora murmured into his neck, the feel of her lips against his bare skin making him shiver blissfully.

He tightened his hold around her, closing his eyes shut tight against the tide of emotions that hit him.

"Aurora, I'm so sorry." And he was horrified to feel a great big shuddering sob escape his lips.

He hated his father. He hated himself.

He hated all the time he had lost with the girl he loved.

She lifted her head, her hair spilling down around her beautiful face as she looked deeply into his eyes.

"I love you, Draco. I love you with everything I have. I don't blame you for what your father has done."

He lifted a hand, tenderly tucking her hair behind her ear so that he could clearly see her face.

"I love you, too," he whispered, "Aurora, I never stopped. Everyday I missed you. I missed you so much."

A single tear fell from her eye, trailing down the side of her nose and splashing down onto his cheek.

She placed a delicate hand to his face, wiping the wetness away with the soft base of her thumb.

"Draco, do you think we'll ever find a way to be together?"

His heart felt heavy with sadness as he looked up at her.

"I don't know, Aurora. I really don't. I don't even understand how you can even look at me after what my father has done to you."

He sighed heavily, circling his fingers lightly around the wrist of her left arm and carefully pulled it towards him. He pressed his lips against the huge angry scar, trailing light, feathery kisses along the length of it, almost as if he could undo the pain and damage his father had caused her.

He felt her shiver beneath him and he held her tighter to him, never wanting to let her go.

Noises from the common room made them both start.

"They're coming back. We need to get dressed." Aurora said, sitting up to hurriedly pull a vest over her head.

Draco grudgingly pulled on his boxers and shrugged his shirt back on.

"Let me stay with you," he murmured, looking at her imploringly. "I've missed you so much, Aurora. I just want to hold you in my arms."

She looked at him, biting her lower lip. Her eyes glanced at the door as if she was trying to weigh up the options.

"You're worried what they'll think of me being here with you." Draco understood. It was different now, not like before.

They were enemies on opposite sides of the war.

Panic flitted through her eyes, and Draco felt bad for having suggested it. He stood up to put his trousers back on.

"Wait - stay." She said, placing a hand on his arm. "I need you Draco. I need you here with me tonight."

"Are you sure?" He asked, swallowing.

She nodded and, abandoning his trousers, he climbed back into bed with her, drawing the hangings around them to obscure them from view.

He held her tightly in his arms as they heard the sound of the door unlocking and the excited chatter of Aurora's dorm mates.

"Look, she's back."