37 - Prefect Privileges

I felt two things when I awoke the next morning.

One - a horrific burning on the back of my hand.

Two - a deep, content joy at being in the arms of the beautiful white-blond haired Slytherin lying next to me.

"Morning," he murmured, his voice husky with sleep. His silver grey eyes gave a little twinkle as his lips tugged into a smile. "How's your hand?"

"Hurts," I mumbled, trying not to flinch as I pulled it out from under the covers to inspect.

The words Harry Potter is a liar glowed red raw and clear as day across my skin. The sight of it made me want to cry.

"Let me take you to Madam Pomfrey," Draco implored, taking my hand gently in his, and caressing his fingers soothingly on the underside, his soft touch easing the pain. "Perhaps she can do something about the scarring."

"No. I don't want that horrible woman to think that I've been running to tell on her. Besides, Madam Pomfrey'll probably just dip my hand in Dittany and shove a piece of chocolate in my mouth."

Draco sighed heavily. "At least promise me you won't get Umbridge's back up again? Stay well out of it."

"I promise," I breathed, closing my eyes in bliss as he tightened his arms around me. I pressed my head against his chest, listening to the sound of his heartbeat as he slowly stroked my hair.

The noises of my fellow dormitory mates getting up for the day sounded around us. Draco and I decided to wait until we heard the last one leave before pulling my bed hangings open.

I walked Draco to the Tower's exit, ignoring the curious glances of my fellow Ravenclaw's as we passed through the common room.

"Meet with me tonight, after dinner," Draco murmured huskily in my ear after we kissed goodbye. "I've got a surprise for you that will cheer you up."

"Oh?" I asked, looking up into his glinting silver grey eyes. "And what might that be?"

"You'll see," he replied, a mischievous smile twitching at the corners of his lips. "Just make sure you bring your swimwear."

...

As soon as I stepped out into the Entrance Hall after dinner that evening, I felt a hand close around mine, fingers intertwining my own, as Draco stepped up beside me.

"Are you ready?" He growled, his mouth so close to my ear that I felt the tickle of his breath, sending pleasant shivers tingling down my spine.

"I guess," I smiled shyly up at him, nerves suddenly making me feel apprehensive. I was going to be in my bikini in front of him. This was terrifying. "Where are we going exactly?"

"The prefects bathroom," he grinned, as he started to lead us up the marble staircase. "It's actually a giant bubble bath. I thought you could do with the relaxation."

I felt my hands go slick with sweat as my pulse accelerated. Draco and I in a bath. Together. I wasn't sure if I was ready for this.

Yet. At the same time, the thought excited me.

We eventually arrived at a door on the fifth floor. Draco whispered a password to the statue of a funny looking man on the right of the door, making it swing open.

"Did you remember your swimwear?" He asked as we stepped inside a beautiful room containing a massive sunken pool with dozens of gold taps. Draco instantly flicked his wand towards the them, turning each tap on one by one as the bath started to fill.

Slowly, I nodded, gulping hard. "It's on underneath." I whispered nervously, looking down at my uniform which I was about to remove in front of him.