Chapter 16 Sean's Pov

I sat at the library with Vince trying to read a book, but I couldn't every time I tried I kept thinking about her! Next thing I knew I was banging my head against the table in frustration.

"Sean are you ok?" I looked up to see Vince giving me a concerned look. "I'm ok. It's nothing." I lifted my head back up and started reading again.

I looked up just to see Mei's friend walking around the library. I can't remember her name but I know she is Mei's friend. "Whatcha looking at?" Vince and myself jumped a bit.

We turned to see Ryan with a pile of books. "Oh I just noticed one of Mei's friend." He nodded and looked where she was. "That's Joy. She's a major book worm. I see her here every couple of days always with a new pile of books."

We both look at him "How on earth do you know that?" Vince asked "Well..." Then It clicked "Do you like Joy?" I asked waiting for a reaction.

The silence said every thing. He had a crush on a popular. The worst kind of love you could have as a nerd. After a while he nodded, but it was a shameful nod.

"Well your not the only one." I muttered under my breath hoping he wouldn't hear me.
"What did you say?" Asked Ryan oh no. He heard me. I have to make something up, and fast. "What? I didn't say anything. You?" I looked up at Vince with pleading eyes hoping he would catch on.

"No your probably hearing things Ryan. " he shrugged "Well bye I have to study." I raised an eyes brow "For what?" "English." I rolled my eyes figured he's pretty bad in that class and we have a test coming up to.

He left and I let out a heavy sigh "Thanks for catching on." He smirked "No problem, but sooner or later he will find out. He is your best friend." I hung my head "Yea I know, but still it's kind of stupid. I said for year I would never fall in love with a popular and yet here I am."

I shook my head. "It is pretty funny I have to admit, but still what do you see in Mei anyway?" I thought "She is so much more than I thought she was. She is cute I have to say, but she is also cunning and gets flustered to easily. Plus she is quite amusing."

He nodded "Makes sense, but I've never seen her flustered. What happened?" I give a little laugh. "Long story." He sat down in the chair next to me "I've got time."

I shrugged "Well I had to go to the mall To get that English book that Mr. Worth assigned and I kind of ran into her at the store." He put his hand up "She was at a book store at her own free will?" I nodded

"Well I think she was there with a parent, but I was unsure. I found her reading a book and smiling the. She got all flustered when she saw me." I laughed remembering the look on her face.

"Ok then what?" I thought back "Well she forced a smoothie onto my hand and vandalized my book." You can see the smiled creeping onto Vince's face.

"Well that's not a surprise at all." I raised an eyes brow "How so?" "She was always pretty forceful and quite annoying." "And how would you know?" I asked in a accusing tone.

"I went to school with her in elementary school and junior high. We were friends for a while." "Are you still friends?" He nodded "Yea I guess we are, but we don't really talk that much any more."

I only nodded In response. So she is friends with a band geek huh? I turn and smile.

I think I just got the upper hand.

"What are you smiling about?"

Oops I forgot I was still with Vince.