Part Seven

I shifted quickly, hovering over top of her.

She grinned widely at me. "I knew I liked you. Now get me out."

I gave her my own smirk, my eyes dead serious. "Not without my body of silver."

She snorted loudly, looking at me like I was delusional. "What?"

My eyes glowed that bright silver. "We made a deal. I'll break your iron chains in exchange for a body with the strength of silver."

She narrowed her eyes at me, glancing between me and the door that Peter was slamming open. "We don't have time for this."

I took a step back, putting my hands up. "Have fun in this pit with the rest of the lowlifes."

Bahari's eyes widened with anger, roaring at me.

More guards slammed at the doors. Their desperation sounding like anger.

But the guards weren't trying to capture me, they were just trying to save themselves.

Bahari didn't know this place was about to come crumbling down. She would just think the guards were desperate to capture me. The creatures in here would have no idea that the bang they heard, had actually done damage.

"Listen to me fox." She growled menacingly. "If you don't let me go, I will make you burn at the bottom of Marianas Trench."

"No you won't." I lied through my teeth. "Because you're going to be stuck here for the rest of your life."

I turned around to walk away. To pass the threshold to my freedom.

"Fine." She spit with venom. "I will give you a body of silver if you let me out."

Arrogance shown in my eyes. "I thought so."

She glared at me with the rage of an ocean storm. It didn't scare me because the actual ocean was heading this way.

Bahari spit on her hand and held it out for me to shake. That was apparently the sign of a true deal with a sea creature. Spit.

I spit on my own and held it inches from her.

The smallest glint in her eyes had me halting.

I narrowed my own eyes. "No tricks."

"What are you talking about fox?" She hissed annoyed.

"Sea creature always have a secret agenda. A hidden meaning. Knowing you, you'll probably turn my skin silver or something and let me sink into the ocean."

She hissed in that strange language.

"No tricks. You give me exactly what we dealt, nothing more and nothing less."

"Girl." She threatened with one word. "You are testing my patience."

I glanced back at the slamming door. "I'm kind of out of patience, so you either agree to my terms or say hello to them. It's your choice."

"Fine." She dragged out. Getting antsier by the minute. "I swear to you a body of silver, with no tricks attached, but only if I get out of here."

I grinned widely, finally collapsing my hand with her own.

We shook once and the deal was done.

I swiftly pulled the needle end out of my pocket and in moments Bahari was standing up and snarling at my audacity to treat her like this.

"Now let's go before they break down the door and lock us up again." She glared at me.

"Actually," I raised a finger. "I have one more thing to do."