Part Two

I pulled at the collar of my shirt. The damn thing was too tight, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Gage wasn't a fan either as he constantly played with his sleeves.

I thought about shifting and shredding the tux to ribbons.

If it had not been for the hundreds of alphas all stuffed in the ballroom together I would have.

One of these old bastards wouldn't hesitate in killing me for it. Laws or not, they were all watching and waiting for any opportunity.

Not to mention the hell I would get from my father.

He would probably be the first to attack if I shifted.

I looked in the direction of the old bastard himself.

Wolves surrounded him. Vying for his attention. Desperate to become his best friend.

He was a dick to them all. Everyone walked on eggshells around him, but they treated him like a deity.

If they dug a little bit deeper, they could see the insanity in his eyes. It wasn't like he tried to hide it either.

Every day he tried less and less. And that was what scared the living shit out of me.

The rest of the Unknown World hadn't caught on yet. But I knew it would happen soon. It was like waiting for a ball to drop.

But in this case, the ball was a bomb.

"Would you look at that. It's the Insane Alpha two-point o." A voice leered from behind me. "Kill any innocents today?"

I rolled my eyes turning to face the male, my eyes already black.

I had never liked Markus Kraden.

It wasn't the fact that our packs had a history or the fact that our fathers hated each other too.

It was the fact that Markus charmed everyone into thinking he was the best wolf around. The one wolf that would save us all. That he was Superman and everyone else were his subjects.

Except for me, he always made me out to be Lex Luther.

But I never minded. If it kept the power-hungry ass lickers away from me, I would do anything.

"I see you have nothing better to do than bother me," I grumbled as he walked around to face me.

Wolves followed him from his pack and others. Some looked at me like I was dirt under their shoes, confident in Markus if I decided to attack. The others watched in fear, staying as far away from me as possible in case I decided to attack.

"I just wanted to check on you." He smiled with bitter. "It must be so hard to live with a father as insane as yours. No wonder you are so messed up."

I narrowed my eyes. "Then what is your excuse?"

A crowd started to gather but I didn't pay any attention to them. They weren't part of this and I didn't care about them enough to bother.

Gage stepped beside me, putting a hand on both of our shoulders. "Listen, guys, let's not fight."

Markus snapped at Gage.

I pushed Markus back, snapping at him for threatening my pack member.

Gage put a hand in my shoulder. "Ignore him, Cassar, he's not worth it."

"It would still be fun though." I ground my teeth.

"It would be fun proving how much of a monster you are?" Markus gleamed.