Chapter 43: President

Ryzen POV

Finally, things are getting a bit better. The situation in La Coron City isn't so bad anymore.

Despite his policy being rejected by the national government, Lennox came up with an alternative solution right away.

He and his team came up with the idea to set up tents in all the government-owned areas so those who became homeless can have temporary shelters.

Besides, the foreign aid support came in and they directly gave it to the local government units, not the national government. With that, the blessing of financial resources, La Coron City was able to come up with plans to build new homes for those affected by the calamity.

Really, La Coron City is doing too well. Even I couldn't help but be proud. It is fortunate that along with Lennox's great leadership, he has a great team as well.

Today, was truly a relaxing day. He came over to my condo and we decided to watch a documentary.

Snuggling up to him the whole time while seating on the couch, it really brightened up my mood. At last, we were able to spend quality time like this. After all, he has overworked himself more than usual as he dealt with the after-effects that the typhoon created.

Since the documentary we watched was about a controversial political figure in our country, I could not help but ruminate a lot.

I feel overwhelmed upon seeing a part of how dirty politics is in this country and how unfortunate the people are.

I turned to Lennox and randomly, I asked him a question I've had for a long time.

"Lennox, do you want to be the president someday?" I asked gently.

Since I was resting on his chest, I looked up a bit to look at him directly. He looked at me with an amused gaze for a few seconds before answering.

"Honestly, I do not know. What I'm focused on right now is just La Coron City." he said in a low voice.

Hmm. Unconsciously, I already somehow guessed that Lennox would answer like that.

"But you know what, I want you to be the president. I believe you can. The country needs your good governance. I hope I can witness it someday." I said sincerely.

"Mmm. If I do run for the presidency, of course you will. Of course you'll be able to witness it." he said softly, patting my head.

I gave him a somewhat dejected smile and didn't reply to him anymore. Thinking about my mission, I don't know. Actually, I may be able to witness it someday, if the circumstances allow it.

If I really get back to my original body at this same timeline, I will be able to witness if Lennox ever runs for the presidency many years later.

But then, I won't have any relations with him at all. By that time, I am no longer Millen Yu. I will only be one of the common citizens who will look up to him and look forward for the governance he will bring upon the country.

Ah, what is this? I shouldn't feel so regretful. It's going to happen sooner or later anyway.

I calmed my emotions and subdued the thoughts I had. It's more fun to tease him instead.

"But you know, if you do take the seat of the president, I'm actually kind of scared. There's bound to be lots of temptations." I said in a sweet voice.

He grinned at me and let out a low chuckle before answering.

"I know how to stay grounded. As long as I have people around me with integrity, with the same ideology as I do, similar governance perspectives, then I know I'll be okay." he said in a genuine tone.

Wow... this man never fails to be brilliant. My mouth opened a bit due to amazement, but it was only momentarily.

"Then, what if you don't cheat on the people, but cheat on me? If that happens, I am afraid that I will turn 'imeldific'." I asked in a pouty voice.

I referenced the central character of the documentary that we watched, who is a former first lady in the our country. It was implied there that ever since she found out that her husband, a president and dictator, was cheating on her, she changed drastically.

She helped the dictator with his campaigns, socialised with other world leaders, all just to expand his connections and help him win every election.

But one day, she figured out that he was cheating on her. And so, the former first lady put a tape recorder under the bed without him knowing. She used that tape recorder to threaten the dictator since it recorded him while being in a hot session with his mistress.

Since then, everything that she wants, she gets. The dictator could only indulge her. The former first lady then brought the biggest buildings in New York, Michaelangelo paintings and even shipped animals from Africa.

What seemed impossible, seemed possible for her. It is this very flamboyant spending that she did that the word 'imeldific' formed. It was from her own name, 'Imelda'.

It means extravagance to the point of vulgarity, just like the personality of that former first lady.

To think that the country is a third-world country at that time, Imelda and her family really treated the president seat as if they were royals.

It was from their political family that until now, the country was still suffering and still a third-world country. The country had a lot of debts. Also, all the administrations that came after them are still trying to fix the country's state after their family left it to ruin.

Once again, Lennox just laughed at my teasings and kissed my cheek.

"No way. If I could not even stay loyal to my woman, how can I stay loyal to my people?" he said gently.

My woman? Ah, that feels nice to hear. He really knows how to say all the right words. My heart flutters just from that.

I made a pouting expression at him, truly touched at what he said.

He looked at my expression before he abruptly caught my pouting lips and bit them. He held my chin tightly and pushed his tongue deep into my small mouth.

As he rampaged all over my lips and released them, my face flushed and my eyes grew misty.

He then started to place his lips on my neck, tickling me.

Hmm...

I used my hands to move his face away from my neck, startling him.

He looked at me with a burning gaze as he raised his eyebrows, quietly asking why I stopped him.

I gave him a sultry smile before speaking.

"Since you're such a good man, I should reward you." I whispered in a meaningful tone.

________________________

Author's Note: I actually started to write this story as early as May last year, but only got the courage to continue writing it recently... all because of you who read this story. Thank you very much!