Chapter 9: Mayor

Ryzen POV

Millen Yu's final year as a Pharmacy student was completed in a blink of an eye.

Although it bothers me very much that so many months have passed already, I haven't seen that Lennox Zevallos ever since we coincidentally met during the dinner held for me by Millen Yu's family.

Mr. Red-haired man was really right! Who would've thought that it wasn't as easy as I thought?

I've went to several parties with Millen Yu's parents and grandfather in hopes of seeing him but never once did we encounter each other. I even contemplated on getting a private investigator to search for his whereabouts but it would probably cause a ruckus if Millen Yu's family knew about it...

"It's a miracle! Even though your grades on the 1st semester's prelims were not favourable, you still managed to improve drastically. You're graduating as Cum Laude!" a teacher happily said.

I smiled a bit at her. Well, it would be embarrassing if I didn't do well since I was already a doctor before.

"Thank you, Ms. Castro." I said simply.

Millen Yu's parents were happy that I am graduating with flying colours. Although they've never pressured Millen from the start, the happiness was very evident in their faces.

They were even happier when I passed the National Medical Admission Test and got into the limited slots left in University of the Philippines Med School. They initially wanted me to study overseas instead but Zeus Costales' public relations manager mentioned that it would be favourable for his image if the media knew that his granddaughter was studying at a local university.

And so, my initial decision to go to UP Med was fulfilled and supported by Millen Yu's family.

This is the only way where I can see Lennox... if he really is attending law school at University of the Philippines, it'd be easier for me to get closer to him.

Speaking of the devil, while browsing through latest news on my phone, I found an article about him. It's even the main headline!

"Zevallos clan enters politics - Lennox Nico Zevallos runs for Mayor in La Coron City.

Lennox Nico Zevallos, 28, is the only child of Riley and Lilian Zevallos, who are both international diplomats and affiliated with United Nations.

He is also the great-grandchild of one of our national heroes, Nicolas Zevallos.

For the past decades, the Zevallos family have been admired by many for how they've reformed our country through diplomacies and the military.

However, this is a breakthrough since this is the first time that a Zevallos is running for public office.

More so, Lennox Zevallos is only 28 years-old and is going against the infamous Jack Padilla, who is part of the Padilla political dynasty that have been governing over La Coron City for 50 years."

As I read the article, my breath hitched a little when I saw pictures of Lennox filing his official candidacy for the mayoral position.

So... if he's running for mayor, that means that he's not going to continue studying at UP Law? Just how am I supposed to see him then?

This is really much harder than I thought...