"Isn't that heavy? I can carry the half," you suggests, Kai smiles and shook his head, "You can let go of my hand now," you added shyly.

Kai eventually let go of your hand, "Haha, I'm sorry," he mutters letting out an awkward laugh after, "And I can manage carrying these. Plus, we're here," he slid the door open.

"President," Kai calls, placing the stack on a desk.

You suddenly felt chills on your spine to see their intimidating gazes landing to you. Although they were your classmates, you don't see yourself blending in with them.

You lowered your gaze, bowing at them respectfully, "Good afternoon," you greet after.

"There's no need to be polite, (Your name)-chan," the president let out a chuckle, "Are you willing to be Kai's assistant?" his question made confused at first. Shaking your head, "No, this is just a misunderstanding. I-"

"Yes, yes she is,"

Upon hearing Kai's interjection, you furrow your brows, "What?" you mutter, confused.

The president smiles happily, "That's great! We really need help for the upcoming festival next week, I'm really glad you volunteered to help, (Your name)," he stood up from his seat, "You may start next week. If you have any questions you can ask us," he reminds, making you feel awfully guilty for almost denying earlier.

Giving them a nod, the bell rang indicating school hours has ended, "That's the cue, see you guys on Monday," he smiles.

Kai looked at you, "Let's talk outside," he said rather discreetly. He went first and you followed him behind.

Closing the door behind you, Kai immediately place his hands on your shoulders, catching you off-guard, "I apologize in advance... The president is just too stressed out earlier, I really had to do it," he mumbled.

"I can tell..." you trail off, casually removing his hands from your shoulders, "But it's fine, you could have just asked me earlier," you chided.

Kai heaves a sigh of relief, "I knew I can trust you with this. Thank you so much, (Your name)," he suddenly pulls you into a tight hug, surprising you in the process.

Letting out a forced chuckle, you pat him on his back. Gladly, he soon releases you, "I'm sorry. I'm j-just really glad," he stammers upon realizing what he had done, a pink hue appearing on his cheeks.

"Alright, I'll go ahead now. See you on Monday," you smile at him, receiving a reassuring smile from him after.

Turning your heels, you caught Killua who happens to be looking at you all along. You've come up with the thought that he saw what Kai did.

With Killua looking quite dissapointed, he proceeded downstairs without even waiting for you, "What's wrong with that guy..." you muttered.

"Killua," you call up to Killua, finally catching up to him. He kept his gaze straight, without bothering to look at you.

"Hey," he uttered nonchalantly.

"You saw that, didn't you?" you ask him out of the blue. The silverette immediately protested, "No and even If I see you being affectionate to other guys I wouldn't even care!," he defend, earning gazes from students walking by.