"Are you ready to meet the rest of the family?" He asks me, smiling and I try to smile back.

"Nervous?" He asks me, and I nod.

"Don't be, they're all wonderful people who are super excited to meet you," he says with a reassuring look.

"Come on, there's no use in sitting here when we might as well go in," he says, and I give a nod.

Hopping out of the car I can see Ruka and Dax's town car on the other side of the lot. I stay close to Elijah's side as we enter the restaurant. The nervous energy starts to build inside me, but I am thankful to feel more nervous than anxious. That's not usually how I feel about anything.

"For Kurning," he says and the hostess smiles.

"Right this way," she says, and we follow her to a private room.

I can hear the voices before the door even opens. She pushes the door open and I follow Elijah inside and I can't help but be stunned when every person in the room is a Meta. I focus on Ruka and walk over and give her a quick hug as does Elijah to Dax.

"Is this Faith?" A female voice asks excitedly.

I turn around and see a tall, lean, redhead in front of me. She is covered in freckles and has bright blue glasses. A smaller girl is standing next to her and she has cropped hair styled upwards and I can see streaks of pink within her brunette hair. She is a little on the curvier side, but I can tell that she works out.

"Yes, this is Faith," Ruka says squeezing my arm.

"Oh my god, she is so pretty!" The taller girl squeals before hugging me. I stand there slightly shocked before giving her an awkward hug back.

"Faith, this is Felicity and Adaley," Ruka says and I wave.

"Here you can sit next to me," Felicity says tugging me into a chair next to her.

Conversations are going across every part of the table with people jumping from one to the next. I sit there listening to everything and I can't help but be touched by how animated and excited everyone is. I notice that I am the youngest at the table with two of the boys being even older than Elijah. I wonder how many years Dax and Ruka have been fostering kids.

"Ruka," one of the older boys says and everyone's attention is focused on him.

"Yes Kai," Ruka says.

He just reaches into his bag and pulls out a small photo. He hands it over to Ruka and she gasps. Peering over her shoulder I see it is a photo of an ultrasound. Ruka has tears in her eyes and Dax takes the photo from her confused.

"I'm going to be a grandmother?!" Ruka exclaims.

"Kayla couldn't be here tonight because she wanted to tell her parents while they were in town," Kai says and Ruka gets up to go hug him.

A round of congrats goes around the table and I pull out my notepad and draw the word congratulations in cursive and put a few balloons around it. Looking up I feel all eyes on me and I just flip the notepad around.

"Thank you, Faith," Kai says with a smile.

The conversation resumes, and Felicity asks me lots of questions to which I just write down the answers too. She doesn't seem phased in the slightest by it and Adaley also joins the conversation.