"Hey you're Faith, right?" A male voice asks from behind me. I close my locker and spin around.

Before me is a blonde hair, blue eye, soccer captain. I could tell because his pullover says, soccer captain. I nod hesitantly and he smiles at me with such bleached the light seems to reflect off of his teeth. Can somebody say money?

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Carter," he says, and I try to read his body language and the undertones in his voice, but I don't find anything harmful. I give him a tentative smile back.

"Do you have lunch now?" He asks me curiously and I nod again.

"I'll show you the way then," he says, and I fall into step next to him.

"How is your day going so far?" He asks me while leading the way.

I make a gesture of so-so. I hadn't had the chance to meet my history teacher today because she was out sick, and I am tired. He watches my hand and nods in understanding.

"It can be really difficult to start a new school in a new area, this is my fourth high school and I am only a junior," he says amused. I tilt my head to the side as if to ask why.

"My dad always finds something wrong with our house or school and makes us move, he only wants the best for us," Carter says rolling his eyes and smiling.

"This is the cafeteria. The school is split in half and we have two lunch periods. We are lucky and we get the earlier one, did you pack a lunch or are you going to buy?" Carter asks me and I make a gesture towards over where the lines are.

"Cool me too," he says, and we walk over and get in line.

Carter starts talking to a bunch of the guys in line and I see a few of them also have pullovers on with soccer logos. I pull my backpack closer to me as they start getting louder.

"Oh, hey guys, this is Faith, she's a junior, we have history together," he says. I didn't even notice he was in my class.

"Hi Faith, it's nice to meet you," one guy next to me says and they all introduce themselves to me, but I quickly lose track of who is who.

We process through the line and I pick up a few things to eat before exiting the line. I watch as the soccer crew walks away leaving. Anxiety rakes through me as I try to find an empty table to sit at.

"Faith? Do you want to sit with us?" Carter asks coming up next to me. I shrug not wanting to intrude.

"Come on, we don't bite," he says, and I shake my head amused before following him.

I sit down next to Carter and the guys are all chatting and talking about soccer. I loosely follow the conversation while eating some. I am actually hungry for once, which is new. I ponder if I ate breakfast for a few moments and cannot remember.

"Faith, do you play any sports?" Another dude asks me, and I shake my head no.

"What do you do for fun?" Carter asks me and I tilt my head to the side thinking.

Pulling out my notebook I sketch a quick piano and a punching bag. When I look up I see that I have at least ten sets of eyes on me as I flip it around. My drawings aren't anything spectacular, but they could probably tell what it was supposed to be.

"So, you play the piano and you like to box?" Carter asks me and then I flip the book back around.

'I know martial arts, taekwondo, and I like to kickbox,' I write down and show him.