~16~Kynareth is Growing Impatient.

Start from the beginning

"Absolutely not." Alexios snapped.

"They are the only two Vatarian leaders we are generally good terms with Alexios. They only want to observe the book and blueprints and bring a better understanding of the meeting."

"Queen Arsinoe and Fang Guanyu can wait just like the others at the meeting-"

"We can trust them both, our ancestors have trusted them for years before us, and no reason not to do so."

"Amalia, Fang Guanyu is a criminal king! And Queen Arsinoe is... difficult to work with. Trust me, I would know." Nour argued, reminding her he was the leader of their Cyevan Egypinat branch.

"They are our only allies that are Vatarian leaders! The Master Chieftain of Wampanoag is a neutral party when it comes to us. But the Governor of Cariana and the King of Avrima aren't best of friends with us. We need to keep those who don't want to slit our throats close." Mansi argued back.

"Not to mention, There are going to be more than just the Vatarian leaders there. The letters state that there are going to be a few other noble families and other organizations there. We need to present a unified solid front, an untouchable organization that is better than everyone else." Sophie sighed. Biana and Keefe kept up with everyone's debating.

"Sophie, a few years have passed since your... altercation with the Governor; we may not need to hold this up mirage anymore-"

"This isn't about the Governor, Maha; it is what we need to present to make sure we are taken seriously. If we change how we presented ourselves now, they will know how we were in the past was a lie, and that won't help the problem. We need to keep our allies close and our persona up. This meeting is a fragile situation, and we simply don't have the time or ability to pick and choose our allies!" Sophie snapped over the arguing table.

Everyone went quiet at Sophie snapping at all of them but realized that her point holds true.

"What is she talking about? Persona?" Keefe asked. Everyone looked aside.

"We aren't that... friendly to outsiders of our guild, it is the most efficient way to operate. To everyone else in the world, we are just a band of cold-hearted killers with an asshole witch at the head of it all, and we have been trying to keep that persona up. It helps us get taken more seriously and helps others realize that we aren't a group to be taken lightly."

"We also have... competition out there, and we need to match them," Sophie answered. Biana and Keefe blinked.

"An.... asshole witch at the head of it all?" Biana questioned, glancing at Sophie. Sophie shrugged, her face emotionless.

"I'm an excellent actress." Sophie admitted, and she glanced at the letters scattered on the massive table, "I don't care what people think of me, as long as it gets the job done." She shrugged. Sophie knew Keefe and Biana deflated as she said that, but she didn't look up from the table.

"It has been decided. Everyone will shadow their selected leaders, Fang Guanyu and Queen Arsinoe have asked to see Alexios and me. Still, I also think they may want to see Ruy due to the discussion also being about the Dunmer."

"Lia, you forgot something..." Mansi whispered. Sophie knew what she is talking about, and groaned.

"Someone else can keep an eye on the Governor, but I'm certainly not. We have a plan, and we are sticking to it." Sophie snapped. Ruy tried to meet Sophie's eyes, but she simply glared over the table.

"I'll do it. After tonight's meeting, I can shadow him." Ruy volunteered. Sophie finally looked at him, and though her emotionless calculating face didn't crack, her eyes gave a flare of warmth.