Chapter Two

“Why you sitting over there looking all depressed?” I asked my roommate Alysia. Instead of answering she gave me the middle finger and continued concentrating on the road ahead of her.

     “Alright bitch, I’ma break that damn finger next time.” I chuckled and smoothed out the little red dress I was wearing. Alysia’s boyfriend, Desmond, was throwing a party at his house, along with his line brothers. It was his house but the way all his line brothers were always there and bringing girls in there just to fuck, I thought it was a frat house. Desmond had been trying to talk to Alysia for a minute, but she’d never paid his ass any attention. She was so busy focusing on keeping her scholarship she wasn’t interested in any type of relationships. But me on the other hand, I partied every chance I got, fucked every chance I got, I enjoyed my college years, every last day. I struggled with a class here and there but I always say, when there’s a will, there’s a way. And there definitely was a way. 

     “Say something, Alysia! I hate sitting in silence because I start thinking. And the shit that goes through my mind even scares me sometimes,” I complained.  

     “Turn on the damn radio then!” she said, knowing her radio hadn’t worked since I met her three years ago. 

     “See, you know what?! You ain’t shit. You need to get the damn thing fixed. Better yet, get a new car. We bout to be out all night, I’m not bout to run up the battery on my phone.”

     “Well sit back and enjoy the ride, we ain’t gotta talk every time we get in this car. Drink your alcoholic concoction that you then created and sit back.” I giggled as I brought my water bottle filled with cranberry juice and vodka. She gave me an evil look before focusing on the road again. Once again, I turned and looked out of the window. To my surprise, we were already on the street that Desmond lived on. 

     Cars were lined all up and down the block. The distinctive thump of music could be heard, even through the windows. I wondered what his neighbors thought about all the noise that shook the neighborhood at eleven o’clock at night. After circling the block twice, we lucked up when someone was pulling out of a spot a street over. Once tightly squeezed into the parking space, the car immediately cut off on its own. My eyes rose to meet hers; she was once again glaring at me. 

     “Shut the fuck up!” Not being able to help myself, I giggled. 

     “Alysia this shit is ridiculous; it’s time to get a new car!” Smacking her lips, she responded, 

     “You gonna buy me another one?” she didn’t wait for me to respond, “Oh, okay. Get the hell out my car before I leave you here when it’s time to go.” I still had a smile on my face as I made sure her glove compartment was locked with our wallets inside.

     “Whatever, your ole’ salty ass. This bitch betta start up when it’s time to go or you gonna be left out here right along with me.”

“Get your ass out and comeon!” I looked to my left and seen she was already outside the car straightening out her black and tan blazer. Alysia looked good in her plastic looking pants that looked painted on, black and tan blazer and six inch heels. She had been my college roommate for three years and had been my best friend for that same amount of time. She was the only one that knew almost my entire story, by accident. She had a way of making me talk when I didn’t want to; and it didn’t help that she was using the things that she was learning in her psychology class on me. 

     She was beautiful, one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen. Pocahontas brown skin, natural thick full hair with thick full hips. She didn’t have much titties and her ass was nonexistent but she worked every outfit she wore. She stood at five-six and didn’t wear an ounce of make-up, well except lip stick.