Chapter Eighteen

Rowan was feeling bad. Oliver didn't call her back since that day at the cafe. Sabrina was giving Rowan some space, and her friends were too busy with school and work to notice something was happening to Rowan. She didn't want to talk to Carmen because she knew that at some point, Carmen would talk to her dad, and Rowan didn't want that because of his job. Also, she wanted to know who this person was and why they were doing that. 

The whole week Rowan went to college and went back home. She didn't make stops at the library or the coffee shop or the cinema. She just wanted to be at home and not talk to anyone.
That night, Rowan was in her bedroom trying to read to distract her mind. She thought that it was good not being with Sabrina these past days because the unknown number didn't send her texts, even though, she missed her so bad. Rowan put her book down and stood up next to her window, waiting to see Sabrina when she got back from work. She didn't know how to talk to her, then she thought that it would be very easy because Sabrina was her girlfriend, but then again, she didn't know what to say.She thought that first, she would have to tell her why she was avoiding Sabrina, and that meant that she would have to tell her about the texts and how insecure she was being near to her in public. She was thinking about the possibilities of not saying anything to Sabrina, but there were impossible, and the only one that was probably a good idea, involved not talking to Sabrina until she figured out who was sending her the texts. Her phone started to ringing on her bed and made her stop thinking about Sabrina for a moment. She took her phone. It was Nick doing a FaceTime call. Rowan took her earphones and plugged them to the phone.

"Hi." Rowan smiled.

"Hi, sweetie," Nick smirked and ran his fingers through his hair.

"What's up?" Rowan rolled her eyes.

"Nothing just wanna talk to you..." Rowan made a little laugh.

"Thanks for thinking of me." Rowan meant those words.

"I always think of you... Except when I'm... You know..." Nick nodded a little bit.

"Iugh! Gross!" Rowan frowned and then laughed.

"I'm just kidding!" Nick laughed. "Okay, now tell me what's going on."

"About what?"

"Ella... I know you... What's going on?". Nick was serious.

Rowan sighed and thought for a moment that nothing wrong could happen if she told him. He couldn't do anything because he was in New York and knew that if she asked him not to say a word, he'd do it. Although, she wasn't sure about it.

"Rowan..." Nick insisted.

"Everything's okay." Rowan lied.

"I'm not stupid." Nick ran again his fingers through his hair.

"How do you know I'm not fine?"

"Easy. I'm a magician." Nick smiled.