Chapter Seven

November 2016

The day after Thanksgiving, Rowan was shopping at the mall with Alice. That was one of the things they liked to do after school.

She needed to take some time with her friends. She's been spending too much time with Oliver since the last time she talked to Sabrina. It's been three weeks and a half, but Rowan was trying to move on. Oliver was a great guy, they always had good days and he helped Rowan to not be sad.

She liked the way her life was going without Sabrina around confusing her. It was easier for her if she didn't see Sabrina. She also changed the Trident for another cafe just to not be near her.

In the cafeteria, she tried to avoid her when she was around. And when the classes were over, it was easier for Rowan not seeing her because her building was far from Sabrina's. And at nights she closed the curtains in her bedroom to not see when Sabrina was arriving.

Corey knew about the last fight they had, and Rowan asked him to not mention it anymore. He understood, but the problem was Jeremy. He didn't know why Rowan stopped talking to her, and sometimes he asked for Sabrina. With the time, he stopped asking. Alice, of course, didn't know a single thing about it.
Rowan decided not to tell her because she found it unnecessary and she wasn't hanging out anymore with Sabrina, and judging by her new feelings for Oliver, she was doing great in forgetting her.

The only thing she needed to do was staying away from Sabrina.

"How was your Thanksgiving Day?" Alice asked.

"Wonderful. I visited my grandparents. I hadn't seen them in a while. My uncles and my cousins were there too. I helped my dad and grandma with cooking and my sister was playing with the dog. We had a great night." Rowan said putting her hair into a ponytail in the changing room next to the other where Alice was. "What about you?"

"Nothing new. My nephews start running around the house and asking me to lend them my phone like always. My mom burned the apple pay so we had to pretend it was good. My dad was talking about how proud he was about my brother being an accountant. He was so annoying, my sister and I were like what the fuck?... But we had a great night too. I love my brother because he's always taking care of me. I missed him."

"Awww you love him," Rowan said in a high-pitched voice and with a big smile.

"You're so extra," Alice said dressing her up with blue jeans. "Oh God!"

"What? Any good?"

"Not really. It doesn't suit me. It's not my style."

"Let me see," Rowan said standing in front of the dressing room. Alice opened the door and turned around for Rowan.

"It suits you! You look fabulous." Rowan said.

"You think so?" Alice was looking her in the mirror.

"Yes! You should buy it or I'll do." Rowan smiled.

Alice closed the changing room door and dressed her up again with her clothes. She didn't feel sure about it but Rowan made her change her mind.

They paid and then went to the food section.

They had a strong relationship. They talked about everything. When Rowan or Alice had a problem, they were always there for each other. If Alice had a bad day, Rowan could make her feel better.
Alice was always there for Rowan no matter what but Rowan still felt like she wasn't telling her everything. Rowan was with Oliver, and Alice knew about it. She knew about everything they do and how Rowan felt about it. There weren't any secrets about him. At least that's what Alice used to think, because she didn't know the real reason why Rowan was dating him, and that's what made Rowan feel bad.