Chapter Nine

Rowan opened her eyes with the smell of one of her favourite things for breakfast, but also, knew that her mom was making hot chilaquiles because of her hangover.
She didn't remember how she ended up in her bedroom. She was trying to remember what happened last night but she barely did it. The more she was trying to remember, the more her head ache.

She tried to back to sleep but she started to remember that last night she was with Sabrina at the Trident. She touched her lips and remembered their first kiss. She smiled and put her both hand on her face. She was happy.

Rowan tried to remember every detailed but her headache wasn't helping.

She decided to take a shower. When she got up she unlocked her phone and saw the missed calls and text messages from Oliver asking her to call him back.

"Shit!" Rowan remembered all things that happened at the party. All the beer she drank with her friends and then Oliver drunk in the bathroom.

She laid on her bed again and thought about the things Oliver was telling her before she left him. She felt bad. She cheated on Oliver, and he didn't know it.

She stood up and take a shower.

After forty minutes she was ready to go down stairs and take breakfast with her family.

The first things she saw were two blankets on the floor next to the coffee table. Then, she looked to the kitchen and saw a young man cooking. She looked a little bit closer and saw her mom too.

"Hey!" Carmen said coming into the house with paper bags in her hands.

"Good morning, darling." Her dad said behind Carmen closing the door. "How's your hang over?"

"I've felt better," Rowan said.

She walked to the kitchen and saw Jeremy making breakfast with her mom. It was something unusual for her because the only friend who used to cook in her kitchen was Corey, and it was more unusual to see Jeremy in her house.

She stood up next to the kitchen door crossing her arms and with a frown.

"Good morning Rowan." Jeremy smiled.

"...Good morning?" She said.

"You look terrible," Jeremy said.

"Thanks, I know."

"Good morning sweetheart." Her mom said to Rowan cooking chilaquiles.

Rowan was trying to understand why Jeremy was in her house on a Saturday morning. She heard voices, so she decided to look where they were coming from. She walked to the living room again and saw Corey and Alice on the floor. They were using the same blankets she saw a few minutes before. She was so distracted that she didn't notice it.

"Ugh! My head." Alice groaned.

"Girl, me too!" Corey said.

"Guys?" Rowan frowned.

The three of them looked at each other with a strange gaze. They didn't have any idea how the hell they ended up in Rowan's house.

Jeremy helped Rowan's mom to put the table, and within minutes, everyone was having breakfast.

"Ugh! What is this? They're so hot." Alice said.

"Chilaquiles for your hangover." Rowan's mom said.

"My tongue is burning!" Corey said.

"That's the point, dumbass," Rowan said.

"So, how was your night, guys?" Rowan's dad said.