Chapter Sixteen

January 2017

The days passed, and Rowan didn't receive a reply from the unknown number. Just after she sent the first and last text, they didn't reply.

Rowan was anxious and nervous because for a moment she thought that she would know who was the person behind of it. She was waiting for the reply but after three days she gave up. She thought that at least she hadn't to worry about it anymore and that she could go back to normal with Sabrina, even though, she didn't tell her a thing about it.

After New Year's Days, Rowan spent more time with Corey and her friends. Sabrina went back to work; therefore, Rowan could see her only at nights.

Some days, Rowan liked to see Alice at the cinema and wait for her at the end of the workday.

Her family was fine, her father was working at the firm, Carmen was back at school and her mother was doing the same things.

Everything was fine, just two more days and Rowan would go back to school.

It was a normal day for Rowan. She went to the bookstore and by night, she was at the Trident waiting for Sabrina.

Jade was in the "barista-mode" as she used to say, Sabrina was waiting tables with the other girl who Rowan couldn't remember her name.

"So, how's you and Corey?" Rowan asked Jade while she was standing in front of the bar.

"We're doing great," Jade said serving coffee in a cup. "Sometimes he's so serious but I think that's how he is."

"Yeah, he's Mr Serious." Rowan laughed.

"He likes romance movies, which is rare. I'm trying to know what he wants but it's not easy. I try to open myself, but he doesn't seem to be interested."

"Why you say that?"

"Because you know... We have dates most of the time and he holds my hand and kisses me... We already have sex, but we're not a couple. You know..."

"Wow, I thought you were a couple." Rowan frowned.

"I don't know if we're a couple or just friends with benefits." Jade made the last cup of coffee for the last customers of the night. "I like him."

"I know him, but I don't know his reasons. The only thing I'd tell you is that he likes you because he's not the guy who likes to play — Just talk to him and tell him how you feel." Rowan smiled.

"I don't know Row..." Jade sighed.

"Hey, it's okay. He's not that bad."

"Who's not that bad?" Sabrina interrupted the conversation.

"Corey..." Jade said while she started to clean.

"Oh, that problem," Sabrina said taking off her black bar apron. "I've already cleaned all the tables. There's just one table to clean but Rafaella said she would stay for the customers to leave."

"Fine! Leave me... Go ahead and leave your friend" Jade said in a sarcastic voice.

"C'mon, don't be dramatic." Sabrina laughed. "I promise Rowan a date night."

Sabrina looked at Rowan's eyes. That made her blush and made Jade roll her eyes but smile at the same time Jade laughed.

"See ya tomorrow," Jade said.

"Bye, Jade," Rowan said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------