Chapter Thirteen

"I'm glad you're doing this."

"I'm only doing this for you."

"It's not that bad."

"It was bad a few days ago."

"It wasn't that bad. He's my friend."

"He's your ex but I'll try, Blanchard. I'll try." 

Rowan and Sabrina were waiting at the tavern drinking a couple of beers.

The past days, Rowan and Sabrina argued because she didn't want Rowan to be with Nick all the time. Sabrina went mad the night Rowan went to the cemetery with Nick. She was really upset with her. Sabrina didn't care if they didn't do something, she was jealous. Nothing that Rowan could say, made Sabrina feel better.

Sabrina couldn't be near him or talk to him. Every time Nick was with the Blanchard family, she and Rowan ended up fighting.

That's why Rowan thought that it would be great if Sabrina spent some time with him. It wasn't her best idea, but she thought it'd be better than argue with her every night, and, Nick wanted to meet Sabrina.

"Hi, girls," Nick said.

"Hi, Nico."

Nick took a seat and Rowan stared at Sabrina. Without saying a word, Sabrina understood that she needed to say hi to Nick.

"Hi," Sabrina said waving her hand but looking disgusted.

Rowan could feel the tension between them. She thought that maybe they needed to be alone and talk. She wasn't convinced at all, but she knew it was the best.

She tried to make an excuse while they were in silence. She took her phone and faked a call with her mom next to the bar. Then, when she was ready, she came back to them.

"Listen, my mom needs me to take care of Carmen while she hangs out with dad. I've gotta go."

"What— No. She's sixteen. She doesn't need a babysitter— I can take you home." Sabrina said.

"Don't worry. I already called an Uber, and I don't want to ruin the night for you guys."

"It can't be worse." Nick laughed.

Sabrina took Rowan's arm and walked to the entrance.

"You can't do this to me," Sabrina said.

"Do this for me. He's a nice guy. Please."

"No, I don't want to. I don't even like him, Rowan. I can't even imagine that every time you're with him you fell in love with him again."

"Sabrina, you're twenty-one, act like that. He's not bad. — Please, go back inside and spend some time with him. He likes you."

"Blanchard!"

"Please."

"Fine, I'll do it. But only because you're asking me to do this. But just so you know, I prefer to be with you right know cuddling in my house watching Brooklyn Nine-nine."

"We'll do it tomorrow. Just do this for me."

Rowan gave her a kiss on her lips and got into the Uber. Rowan trusted in Sabrina and Nick.
It was important to her that Nick could be friends with Sabrina because he was still part of her life, and she didn't want to stop talking to him because of Sabrina. Rowan liked Sabrina so much and she did imagine a life with her, but she wasn't sure at all. Maybe Sabrina could leave her one day, but Nick will always be part of her life.