One

I pull my pillow over my face, covering the sound of my 6:00 am alarm. "Stop the damn thing!", Steph, my roommate, and my best friend, screams from her room at the end of the hallway.

I turn off the alarm, stretch, and get out of my bed, ready for my before-school shower. Oh, yes, Spring break is over, and school is back. I'm not complaining, I love school.

I finish my shower, my makeup, choose my outfit, and go downstairs only to find Steph's head inside the cereal box.

"Good morning!" Steph cheerily says through a mouth full of food.

"Good morning to you too." I smile. Steph and I have known each other since we were kids. We were neighbors, actually. I've moved into her parents' house in junior year, and that's because I was living with my mother who died. Yes, sad, I know. And now Steph and I live in our own place, her parents said it was a good idea 'adjusting to responsibility and independency before senior year and college.' She's like my sister, no matter what happens.

"By the way, we are so going to Jake Taylor's party tonight. I'm giving you a heads-up from now so you don't give me that 'I need to study' crap." Steph says.

"Ugh, do we have to?" I complain. Parties are not my thing.

"Alice, you're one of the populars, its like, what you live for. And, like, he does this party each year! We have to go!"

"I hate parties." I tell her.

"Well, I don't, we're going, okay?"

"Fine, okay, just an hour." I say.

"Three."

"Two."

"Deal." Steph says and screams with joy.

----------------------------------------------
School Outfit:

We arrive to school in Steph's car, obviously, since I don't have a car, and since she's rich

We arrive to school in Steph's car, obviously, since I don't have a car, and since she's rich. As in, 'her parents bought her the house we're living in' rich.

I get some greetings from people as I head to my locker, walking beside Steph.

"You are so not going to believe who just gave me the 'have sex with me' eyes." Steph suddenly says. Oh her expressions, how... delicate.

"Oh, who?" I curiously smile.

"Jake Taylor! He clearly wants to sleep with me tonight!" she squeaks. Jake is captain of the football team, tall, handsome, probably every girl's dream of a boyfriend. Just not mine, of course. I'm looking for... a man. Definitely not a high school boy.

"Well, I don't know, he's kind of a player, Steph." I tell her.

"Good morning, Ms. Wilson." I turn around only to find Mr. Scott, our English teacher, greeting me as he walks towards his first period, which is what I have in five minutes. This is the first year I have him as a teacher, since I'm a senior now.