Chapter Seventeen//Another Life

I walk into work the next morning, and as soon as I do, I see Meredith walking towards me with her hands in the pockets of her long white coat. "Before you ask, I haven't taken the test yet. I have it in my purse and I just got here." I tell her before she even has time to ask me about it. She groaned and said "Are you not even a tad bit nervous?" I shake my head and walk into the break room "Not at All" I say while then, walking into the bathroom. 

I grab the test from my purse and sigh, "here we go, moment of truth." I say  to myself while pulling my pants down, sitting on the toilet. I get the pregnancy out of the wrapper and, well, use it of course. After I'm done, I finish using the restroom and pull my pants up, flushing the toilet and walking to the sink, sitting the test right beside me as I wash my hands. I open the bathroom door to let Meredith in. 

"Well, what did it say?!" she asks me, more excited than nervous. "I don't know, its still working or whatever" I say, letting out a sigh.  Okay, I might actually be somewhat nervous because Jackson and I has never even spoke about having a baby. What if I am pregnant and he doesn't wanna keep it because he isn't ready? Or what if he actually wants the baby, and I don't? I glance over to Meredith and see her standing right above the pregnant test. I smile and shake my head, I swear she's more excited about this whole thing than I am. 

I hear her gasp and say "Ashley!", I look over at her and say "What?!" while running back over to the sink, where the test is. I pick up the test and look at it, taking a deep breath. This couldn't be true. There's no way. "You're pregnant..." Meredith says as she goes from looking down at the test, and up towards me. I look at her and say "What am I supposed to do? I don't even know how to tell Jackson." Meredith shook her head "Don't tell anyone until at least a month into it. You don't wanna tell Jackson and him be all excited and you end up loosing it." she tells me. 

I nod my head "You're right." I say while tossing the test in the trash can. "I can't believe I actually have another life forming inside of me as we speak" I tell Meredith. She nods "I can't either" she said while chuckling lightly. We both walk out of the bathroom and change into our scrubs. I walk out of the locker room and down the hallways to the station desk, grabbing a chart to check on my patients. Jackson walks up to me, smiling "Good Morning, beautiful." he says to me, I look at him and smile "Good Morning" I say back. I can't lie, a small part of me wants to tell him, or even ask him how he feels about kids, but I know if I ask him he'll know something is up, and it's like Meredith said, it's to early to tell anyone.