Chapter Nine//Morning Light

Joseph's POV
I awoke the next morning to the sun blaring into my hospital room. I squinted my eyes to make out whoever it was that took it upon themselves to open my blinds. I made out a a woman like figure with slightly curly, brunet colored hair. She looked and me and smiled "Good Morning Mr.Banks" she said to me.

I sat up slowly and replied, "Good Morning?" with a confused look on my face. "I'm Dr.Brooks, the one who'll be doing the surgery on your nose today." she told me. I nodded, at least it's not Jackson who's gonna be around my face while i'm unconscious. I looked at her for a good few seconds while she was looking down at my chart. "Um, if you don't mind me asking, who exactly are you? My sister told me Dr.Avery was gonna do my surgery but now you're the one doing it" I explained to her. She looked up at my from my chart "You're sister's Dr.Banks?" she asked me, I nodded "Yeah, but that doesn't help answer my question." I tell her

She raised her eyebrow and said "Someone's a bit demanding this morning isn't he?" I shook my head and said "No, I just kinda wanna know who's gonna be cutting into my noes while i'm unconscious". I seen her take a deep breath and release it for opening her mouth, I could tell she was getting annoyed. "Well, I'm a plastic surgery resident here at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. I'm single and I've been clean for almost five years now." she tells me. I look at her "Clean?" I ask, "Yep, you said you wanted to know who I was so, there you go." she said while putting my chart back on the door, walking out.

Chances are, Ashely put her on my case because she knew Dr.Brooks was, I guess, once hooked on something. She thinks she knows everything but she doesn't. She thinks she can fix everyone all because she's a doctor. Doctors don't fix people, all the do is get people hooked on meds to keep money in there own pockets and pills the pockets of there patients.

I've never been real big on doctors, they tell you stuff you already know and then charge you an excessive amount of money for it. I know you shouldn't diagnose yourself online but, half time we, as patients, know exactly what's wrong with us due to the site webMD. Yeah, I know it's not always right or whatever, but if you know what you're doing, it is.

When I was younger my mom took me to the doctor, all I had was just a common cold but you couldn't tell her that. The doctor told my mom I had something way worse then just your typical common cold. He told her I had a parasite in my stomach. Which I obviously knew was false because, if you had parasite in you're stomach, wouldn't you be vomiting? Which I wasn't.

Ever since Ashley became a doctor she thinks she can just fix everyone she see's, when she can't. The only person that fix someone is the person who needs fixing. Yeah, I know I need help. I've tried to get it, I really have but it never works out. Every rehab i've been to has always given some other type of drug to fix my drug problem. How the hell do you expect to cure a drug addict with more drugs?

I look over at the door as I hear it open and see Ashley, "Hey" she says while smiling "Did you meet Dr.Brooks?" she asks me "You mean the doctor that once was an addict or whatever? Yeah, I met her." I reply back to her. She rolls her eyes and says "Listen, I didn't put her on your case to help you with getting clean. Did I know she was once an addict? Yes, I did. I put her on your case because she literally the only plastic surgeon that has the time to do your surgery." she explains to me. I shake my head "Whatever, I just wanna get out of the fucking hell hole everyone calls a hospital" I reply, turning over onto my side, my back facing Ashley. I hear her sigh "Why are you like this?" she asks me. I sigh and say "Can you just get out of my room? Go tend to people you act like you care about when you know you don't." I hear her walk out let out an irritated like sigh and leave the room.