Chapter Fourteen//Roger Rabbit

Joseph's POV

l looked over at my door as it opened and Dr.Brooks walked in, smiling "Looks like you get to go home today." she told me. I smiled "Really?" I asked her, she nodded "Basically." She told me while unhooking me from the heart monitor. "What do you mean?" I asked her. She sighed "Well, you're not going home as in, going to your house." she told me, I looked at with a confused look on my face, "What do you mean?" I asked her "Well, you're going home as in coming home with me." she told me. I looked at her "Why?" I asked her, she slowly took my IV out and said "I'm gonna basically be your rehab councilor. I'll be the one giving you a a daily drug test and making sure you're staying away from drugs." she explained to me. "Good luck with that" I tell her while sitting all way up after she is done. "I believe that with the right person around, you'll do fine." she told me, I looked at her "And you think you're that person?" I asked, she nodded "I do. Now get dressed. You're clothes are in the bag that's sitting on the chair. I'll be back, I got a few patients I need to check on before we leave" she tells me while walking out the room. 

I sight and stand up slowly, walking over to the chair, grabbing the bag. I walk into the bathroom that's connected to my hospital room and walk in, shutting the door, changing out of the hospital gown into a pair of jeans that are ripped at the knees and a black t-shirt. I look in the mirror and run my hand my hair, wetting it slightly. I walked out of the bathroom and into the room to see Ashley sitting on the edge of the bed, "What do you want?" I ask her while walking over to the bed, laying the gown down on top of it, "Jackson's a patient here. He got shot." she told me. I shook my head "I really don't care about him Ashley." I told her "I know you don't Ashton, but I do." she tells me, "Why did you come and tell me anyways?" I ask her, she shrugged "I don't know. I figured you would've cared considering Jackson and me might get back together." she tells me, I shake my head "Why am I not surprised." I tell her. 

I heard her sigh and said "Well I'm sorry for bothering you." She said while standing up, "Oh and by the way, I'm leaving with Dr.Brooks today. She seems like she cares more about me then you do." I tell her, she turned and looked at me "Are you serious? I was the one that put her on your case Ashton." she tells me. I shake my head "You may have put her on my case, but she always checked up on me even when she didn't have to. She would sleep right there in the damn chair at night just to keep me company." I tell Ashley. All she did was shake her head and walked out. All she's ever cared about is herself and Jackson. 

I know it's messed up, but I could honestly care less if Jackson go shot or not. I don't give a shit about that guy. I don't care if Ashley get's back with him, all I care about is getting out of this hospital and away from both of them. I sat down in the chair and waited for Dr.Brooks to come in. Soon after, she walked. I looked over at her and stood up, smiling. She smiled back at me and said "In-case I didn't tell you beforehand, my name is Candace" I nodded "Sounds good." I tell her. "Come on, let's get you out of here." she said while opening the door. I walked out and started walking down the hall with her. "You look good when you're not in a hospital gown." she told me, I smiled "Thanks." I said while chuckling lightly. Instead of taking the elevator, we took the stairs. "Why are we taking the stairs?" I ask her. She shrugged "I never take the elevator, I don't wanna be stuck in there with someone I don't like" she told me and we both walked down the stairs. She has a point. 

We finally got to the lobby and walked outside and towards her car. I got in the passengers seat as she got in the drivers seat, we both buckled up. I looked out the window the whole car ride home. I'm not usually this quite around someone but, I feel different around Candice. We pulled into her driveway a few minuets later and we both got out and walked inside. 

"You're room is upstairs on the left. You have a bathroom connected to the bedroom so you can take a shower in there if you want to. I wen't shopping this morning before work and bought you some clothes and a few things to go in your bathroom." Candice told me, I nodded "Thank you." I told her. She smiled and nodded, "You're welcome." 

I looked around and walked upstairs to my room. I walked in and looked around again. I sat on the edge of bed and sighed. It's been awhile since I slept on an actual bed that wasn't in the hospital. I stood up and walked into the bathroom. I tuned on the shower and messed with the water until the temperature was just right. I then walked over and shut the bathroom door, getting undressed. After I undressed, I stepped into the shower and washed my hair and body. After I was done, I dried off and wrapped the towel around my waist because I forgot my clothes. I open my bathroom door and seen Candice sitting a pair of clean clothes down on my bed "Oh shit, my bad" I told her quickly. She looked over and quickly looked down once she realized I was in a towel "It's fine, I just got these out the dryer." she said while walking out and shutting my door quickly. I shrugged and walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of gym shorts and a tank top, a long with a pair of clean underwear. I got dressed laid down in bed, slowly drifting off to sleep.