Chapter Fifteen//My Love

Ashley's POV

It's been a few day's now since Jackson was shot. He's back at work and he seem's like he's doing fine. Me and him are officially together now and honestly, life couldn't be any better. Joseph, as far as I know, is doing somewhat okay. Candice told me that's he been pretty moody lately, typical for someone who hasn't had any drugs in his body a month or two now. Andrew, sadly, doesn't work at Seattle Grace anymore. He said that being a surgeon just didn't feel right to him.

But there is one thing that isn't going so well in my life. I'm not getting as many surgeries like I use to get. I probably do about three surgeries a shift now, four if I'm lucky. I know, it might not sound like a big deal, but it is. I use to do tons of surgeries in one shift, now I don't. I know Jackson know's that's it's been getting to me because he know's how much I love being a plastic surgeon, so whenever he need's help on one, he always asks if I can help him. In-fact, he's in the middle of a surgery right now that he wanted me to assist on. 

I walk into the scrub room and start getting ready to walk into the OR. I look up and through the window while washing my hands and see Jackson in the middle of performing a skin graft and smile. He's a damn good surgeon and he know's it. After I finish scrubbing in, I walk over and press the button that opens the door into the OR with my elbow and walk in as one of the scrub nurses walks over and dresses me in the appropriate attire. Jackson looks up "You're here finally." He says, looking back down at the patient. I smile underneath my mask, "I am, sorry I'm a bit late, I had a few patients I needed to check up on." I tell him while walking over to the patient and him. "Am I gonna assist on this one or just watch?" I ask him, watching him work. "I told you I wanted you assist, so you're gonna assist." He reassures me, I nod "Just double checking." I tell him. I grab the small meddle bowl with ice in it that had a small slab of skin resting in it and held it in the hands as Jackson took the tongs and lifted the skin from the bowl and slowly place it on the skin. 

"I'll let you finish up" He tell me while looking at me. I nodded, "Alright" I say back to him. I've performed skin graft surgeries a ton of times in the past, so I knew what to do. Jackson stepped to the side and let me take over. After I was done me and him both walked into the scrub and took our gloves off, throwing them into the trash. "You did great." He tells me, taking his mask off, reveling that he was smiling. I took mine off and smiled back at him "Thanks, it's been a while since I done one of those." I tell him as I throw my mask in the trash. We both took off our surgical gowns and put them in a bin. "We'll it looked amazing. The patient is gonna be extremely happy with it" he tell me, stepping closer to me, placing his hands on my waist. "I sure hope he does." I say back to him, wrapping my arms around the back of his neck, looking up at him. "I love you." he tell me while smiling slightly, "I love you too." I say back to him while smiling. He leans down and kisses my lips softly, I grin and kiss him back.

He pulls back and say's "I'm glad we're together again, I've missed you Ashley.", I smile "I've missed you too Jackson." I tell him. We walk out the scrub room and walk down the hall together. Derek walks up behind both Jackson and I saying "You two love birds busy tonight after work?" we both stop and turn around. "I don't think so" I say while looking at Jackson as he shakes his head, "No, not really. Why?" Jackson says to Derek. "Meredith and I are gonna go for a late dinner tonight after work as we was wondering if you two would like to join us." he says. I smile and nod "We would love to." I tell him. Derek smiles "Great, we're going to Harvest Beat. We can meet up there." He says as he walks away. 

"Harvest Beat?" Jackson says while looking down at me with with eyebrow arched. "It's a vegan restaurant" I tell him while chuckling lightly, shaking my head. "Oh, okay." he says, "Well I got a few more things to get done before my shift ends" I tell him, he nodded "Alright, I'll wait in the locker room for you." he says while smiling, giving me a peck on the lips as he walks away. I smile and watch him walk away before I go and check up my post OP patients.