Chapter Ten//With You

I lay in my hospital bed, waiting for Dr.Brooks to walk in and roll me off to surgery. I'm starving because I haven't ate since God knows when, I haven't had an appetite until today and I can't eat because I'm about to go into surgery.

I hear my door open and look over, seeing Dr.Brooks, she smiles and says "Ready to get that noes of yours fixed up?" I smile slightly and nod "If it's gonna stop it from hurting every time I breath through it, then yes". She walks over and rolls me off to surgery "You haven't ate in the last 24 hours have you?" she asks me as the rolls me off to the OR. I shake my head and say "No ma'am".

As we arrive in the OR, I see Dr.Brooks go into the scrub room to get cleaned up. She wasn't a bad looking doctor, honestly. I know I said what I did about doctors earlier but I never said anything about there looks. I lay on the bed, starring straight at the ceiling as Dr.Brooks walk in and over to me. She's now wearing a mask, gloves, scrub cap, and scrub gown. "The anesthesiologist is gonna put a mask on you to help you sleep. When he does,Im gonna need you to count back from one hundred, okay?" She tells me,I nod as the mask is put on my face "100,99, 98," I say, slowly falling unconscious after I say 98.

I wake up back in my own, I look around and see Dr. Brooks is standing beside me, I'm guessing, filling out a few papers. She looks down at me and smiles "Hey, how are you feeling?" I nod and sit up "Good" I say while reaching for a cup with water in it, taking a sip. "I should be able to take you home tomorrow" she tells me, I look over at her "What do you mean by you taking me home?" I ask her, "Well, me and your sister, Dr. Banks, have talking and we both think it would be best if you stay with me for awhile until you get back on your feet." She explains to me.

I left out a sigh and say "Better then living on the streets I guess". She nods and hands me a paper to sign "I need you to sign this. It's your release forms" I nod and sign them, handing them back to her. "So, since I'll be living you for a while, don't you think I should know your actual name? I don't wanna call you Dr.Brooks while living with you" I ask her. She smiled and nodded "Candace. My name is Candace." she told me. I smiled and nodded as she walked out my room.

I don't have a problem staying with her. I mean, she's beautiful, who wouldn't wanna stay in the same house as her? I know, I sound like a complete douchebag but hey, it's true. I look over at the window that's by my door and see both Jackson and Ashley walk by talking it up and laughing.

I shake my head, I can't stand that guy. He cheated on Ashely when they were younger because of a stupid petty argument that he started and flipped it around on her saying she started it. When she didn't.

He always been that type of guy who wants things done his way. I mean, look at him, his dad is Harper Avery. The kid was literally born into wealth, his mom and dad hated Ashley up until they found out she was gonna become a plastic surgeon. Why you ask? Because we all know plastic surgeons make bank, depending on how good they are,
and she's good. Connect the dots on why Jackson's mom now loves Ashely.

I've never liked the whole Avery family all together to tell you the truth. They're shitty rich people who thing they're gold and everyone else around them are bronze, no scratch that, nothing. They think the people around them are nothing compared to them. I just Ashley will open her eyes and see that Jackson is still that piece of shit guy that left her crying in her room for weeks without checking up on her.