Chapter Eleven//Long Night

Ashely's POV

I walk out the hospital and towards my car. I hear footsteps run up behind me, "Ashely wait" I turn around and see Jackson. "Yeah?" I ask him "Can we talk, please?" he asks me, I nodded and crossed my arms. I knew I was gonna be there for awhile. "I love you...I always have loved you Ashley." he tells me.

I sigh and shake my head "Then why did you break up me Jackson if you loved me?" I ask him. "Because I needed to know if what I was feeling was real.." he tells me. "So, that meant you had to break up with me? To know that you was actually loved me?" I said, shaking my head.

"Yes, okay. I know it sounds completely stupid but the night before I broke up with you I was talking to my mom about you. Yes, I know she didn't like you but I was her son. She told me that if I still had the same feelings for you while we was together after we broke up. They were real." He explains to me. I shake my head "Do you know how hurt I was after you did that Jackson? I was so hurt that I was honestly debating on even going off to medical school because knowing you was going to medical school to was gonna make me think of you." I explain to him.

He shakes his head and grabs my hand "I didn't stop thinking about you Ashley. When I seen you at that surgery board that day, I literally felt my heart skip a beat. I couldn't believe that you was standing there." he tells me while stepping closer to me. At this point, I can feel my heart beat in my throat. "You seemed like you could care less when you seen me.." I tell him.

He shakes his head "I cared.." he says while placing one of his hands in my cheeks, as he does it starts to drizzle rain. I look up at him, looking into his eyes, "I love you too.." I admit to him. He leans down and closer to my face "I've been waiting this whole time to hear you say that" he says.

I close the space between us, pressing my lips against his as the rain starts to come down a bit faster. I didn't realize that I just told Jackson that I loved him, but I guess that's a good thing because if I would've thought about it, I most likely wouldn't have said it.

I feel Jackson pull back slowly, "Are you off tomorrow?" he asks me. I nodded and said "I am", he nodded "I'll come by your place tomorrow and pick you up. We can go out for lunch" he tells me, a smiling forming across his face. I smile back at him and nod "I would love that." I tell him, while getting in my car.

I couldn't help but smile the whole car ride home. This didn't feel real, I would've never thought that Jackson and I could actually talk about that night he broke up with me. I'm glad we did though, we needed to talk about that night. I guess it's me having closer on knowing the real reason we split, that's why I'm so happy. Or maybe it's because I finally have the one guy back in my life that I have always loved.

I pull up to my house and jog over to my door and unlock it, walking in. I walk upstairs and into the bathroom. I turn on the shower and strip down, stepping into the shower. I washed my hair and body before shaving.

After I was done showering, I turned the water off and stepped out onto a towel. I flipped my hair over and wrapped a towel around it, I then wrapped a towel around my body and started brushing my teeth. After I was done I dried my body off and puts on some clean night clothes, those being a hair of night shorts that were blue and had little white clouds all over them and a black tank top.

I took the towel off my head and blow dried it while I brushed it. After I was done I walked into my room and climbed into bed. I laid down and shut my eyes, drifting asleep.