Chapter Seventy Five

Two days went by, yet there were no words from Dad. I could only wonder what was going on, but with no news from him, I could only worry. 

"He'll be fine," Arnav reassured me. "It's Kinjal who should be worrying."

I could only hope that Arnav was right.

"Now then, ready to go home?"

I could finally leave the hospital, and I wanted nothing more than to be out of this place.

"Chote?"

Both Arnav and I looked up to see Nani and Di at the door. They briefly glanced at each other before making their way towards us.

"Chote I... we want for both of you to come home," Nani said.

I glanced up at Arnav but he only looked away.

Nani turned to me. "Khushi, we are all very sorry-"

"Nani, please-"

"No Khushi, please, let me. We never should've said anything, we shouldn't have-"

I quickly gave her a hug, stopping her. "Please, don't."

"I'm sorry," she said softly, and I felt her tears on my shoulder.

Pulling back, I wiped her tears away. "Nani, stop it, or I'll get really upset. Arnav-"

Arnav stepped over to us and looked at her, while she looked up at him. With a shake of his head, he gave her a hug, and Nani started crying once more.

"Nani, stop crying," Arnav admonished. "If you keep it up, we won't come home."

Nani pulled back wiping away her tears. "I'm not crying, I'm not crying at all, just sweating out of my eyes."

I couldn't help my smile.

"Really," Arnav scoffed lightly, grinning at her.

Nani only pouted in return.

"Alright, enough with the pout. Let's head home."

Nani nodded and wrapped her arm around me, walking me out of the room.

I glanced back to see Di trying to approach Arnav, but he simply ignored her, grabbing my stuff and leaving the room with us.

I should've known it wouldn't be so easy.

The rest of the family stood out in the halls, and with one looks from us, Mami and Mai shed tears of happiness and hugged me, before hugging Arnav. I saw my family standing beside, Payal standing beside a very eager looking Amma, but I avoided their gaze. Instead, I turned back to Arnav's family and followed them out of the hospital.

It wasn't long before we arrived home, and to my surprise, my family came along as well. Before we could step inside, Nani stopped us, quickly going inside before returning to us to greet us back in properly. Once that was complete, we were taken to our room, and I have to admit, just seeing it after so long gave a sense of peace and relaxation. As amazing as Dad's house is, it just couldn't give that same feeling our room did.

"We kept things clean and tidy," Di said.

I gave her hand a light squeeze while Arnav ignored her and set my stuff down.

"Um, why don't you guys rest," Di quickly said.

The others agreed and let us be, even though I could see Amma wanted to talk. Gratefully, she didn't stick around, and Arnav and I were left alone.

Shutting the doors, I turned to Arnav, who was sitting on the edge of the bed and looking around the room.

"What are you thinking," I asked softly.