Chapter 31.

"No."

The answer came as such a shock that you actually leaned back. You first thought he was joking, but after staring at his unwavering eyes for a few seconds you concluded that it wasn't and sadness immediately welled up inside you, forming a lump in your throat and causing your vision to swim in unshed tears.

Blinking them away quickly, you sat up straight and swallowed thickly, breathing in and out carefully to stop your voice from wavering.

"Why?"

You had actually done it, broke that wall and done it. You had crossed the line for him, knowing he'd actually accept. It was hard for you to ask something like that, to actually let him know out loud that you wished it.

And he said no.

And that hurt.

Damn did that hurt.

But you pulled up your façade again, looking down at him with piercing eyes.

"I want to, honestly." He said, sitting up too so you were nose to nose. "Really it makes me so glad." His smile looked broken as he studied you. His happiness nearly burst out of him when you said those words, but he knew you longer than today, and he dare say that he knew you even better than yourself. "But you're not ready, [Name]."

The sadness you felt changed into rage, eyes flickering at his words. "I'm not ready?, I just bloody asked you, you cannot determine whether I'm ready or not!"

Satoshi's eyes widened at your rage. Surely he had pissed you off more than once but never had you truly been mad.

"I don't mean it like that, I just want you to be 100 percent ready and want me as much as I want you. Maybe you already do, but I don't want you to be embarrassed about the fact that we'd be together. I want you to be proud of us."

And with that he grabbed one of the pillows and an extra blanket from the closet.

"You should take some time to think about it, I'll be on the couch." And then he left the room, leaving you alone in the now cold room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day it was time to head back to the dormitories, your grandma was gracious enough as to give you a ride to school though she came to regret her decision as the tense silence in the car was nearly suffocating.

You were clearly still pissed for the dark bags under your eyes and the overall grumpy aura were a clear give-away that you had barely slept. Your eyes avoided looking at Satoshi, not only because you felt humiliated, but also because you were still hurt and you hated the tears that pricked at the corner of your eyes every time you had a glimpse of him.

Satoshi on the other hand looked normal -which infuriated you more- though his silence didn't go unnoticed either. He thanked your grandmother graciously for the wonderful time as the two of you exited the car. The older woman blushed and waved him off, shooting you a final stern glare before driving off again.

"ah [Name]-samaa!~" loud footsteps approached from behind. You did not need to look in order to know who it is. Merely side stepping at the correct time you watched Toshiro fly by you and collide harshly on the concrete. Not even slightly in the mood to hurt him, you passed by without a second thought.

"Oya? The silent treatment? Is this some kind of new punishment?"

"Baka onii-chan." Tomoko sighed at her brother, shooting a smile at Satoshi as they trailed behind your form. "How was your vacation Satoshi? Got your groove on?" Tomoko wiggled her eyebrows at the younger male.

"Something like that." He replied apathetically.

The twins shared a confused look, feeling the tension rise in the air at those words. You had slightly quickened your pace as your frustrations had spiked up again.

"Ara ara." Tomoko sighed, staring at your steaming form.

The polar star dormitory looked exactly the same. Fumio was already inside to welcome every single one of you back. You had not realized how much you had missed the older woman until her thin arms were wrapped around you. Your eyes prickled at the warmth and for once Fumio did not make a snarky comment. You appreciated that.

The five of you made dinner together, a hard task with the tension between you and Satoshi. Tomoko was sweatdropping the whole time at the fake formality between Satoshi and you, clearly seeing the lightning bolt fly every time your eyes connected.

You could not look at him and not recall his face when he told you 'no'. But you could not not look at him either. The way his refined muscles stretched as he handled the meat, how his eyes stayed focused in his task but would eventually flutter over to you. How he asked if you wanted something in such a noncaring way that it both hurt and warmed you up. It annoyed you so much.

Even at night when you finally decided to sleep, you half expected him to whisper through the pipes or appear in the ceiling. But you also knew that was just not going to happen and it made you more crazy.

You craved his attention.

Something you had taken for granted before.

You are a difficult person who struggled with making friends, but there you have one, throwing all his attention to you and loving you and you just always have to be so damn stubborn about it. You may express you don't want it. But you absolutely did.

It wasn't until you were karate chopped on the head, did you suddenly notice that there was actually someone in the room.

"Let's take a bath together, Ne?"

Tomoko