Chapter 29.

You guys are the best.

Shoutout to @EvangelistJackson for being a babe <3

Satoshi held my hand as we walked through my hometown. Tingles shot up my arm as he continuously rubbed his thumb over my knuckles and I hoped he didn't notice how clammy my hands were beginning to get. The events of the previous night were still playing in my mind and every time our eyes met I couldn't help the sudden heatstroke from engulfing my body. Id Satoshi noticed he didn't say anything, but the way his eyes sparkled mischievously made it clear that he was having the same thoughts.

"I didn't even want to go on a date with you." I eventually grumbled under my breath, staring at everything except him. I could feel his hand squeeze mine, causing once again an eruption of heat to go through my body.

Satoshi smiled. "Luckily you don't have a choice in the matter~."

"Do you even know where we're going?" I raised an eyebrow, making the mistake of looking him in the eye. He was practically shining, and when he saw me looking, his smile only broadened.

He pointed at a sign. "To Sumiredori Shopping District."

I deadpanned, remembering the last time I was there. That creepy old bento seller.

A loud growl was heard. Satoshi slowed to a walk and rubbed his tummy in embarrassment. "Hehehe"

"You just ate." I pointed out.

Then my stomach growled.

"You just ate." Satoshi mimicked.

"Shut up!"

Walking inside the Shopping District, the street was already full with people. We walked through various tents at which I bought some fish and herbs along with a new cook book. I avoided the bento shop at all costs, even though Satoshi wanted to go there really bad for some reason.

"Hey look they have a restaurant! Let's go eat there." Satoshi pointed up ahead where the Yukihira diner was located.

I nodded. "They got good food. Let's go." I had been there three times before. Once with my parents and twice with my grandmother. "Their Mapo Doufu is great." I drooled.

"Hmmm, I didn't know you liked Chinese cuisine." Satoshi stated.

Oh, he had no idea.

"I do. I love spicy food."

Satoshi pouted. "I wish I could take you to a fancy Chinese restaurant."

I pulled a face. "I prefer smaller diners like these. Much more cosy and easier to decide what dish I want to have."

"Then I'll take you to lots of mini diners in the future!~"

"You're bad for my health."

"[Name]-channnn"

Ignoring the idiot, we went inside the small diner. I instantly relaxed from the peaceful atmosphere and breathed in the scents of food. The restaurant was already quite packed but luckily Satoshi spotted an empty table. We both rushed over there and sat down.

Automatically I grabbed the menu and scanned the drinks while Satoshi looked around the diner in awe.

"[Name]-chan look at the bansai tree. Or is it bonsai?"

"It's bonsai."

"Well either way, it looks adorable!"

I closed the menu and put it back on the side of the table. Not a second later a waiter came forward.