Chapter 21.

I graduated :D

Staring down at the flopping fish on the table with a deadpanned expression, seemed to nerve Yuuka as she nervously shifted her gazes between it and me. The first task of the training camp had been anounced and the students had been split into different classes. Yuuka and I were together in one class and Satoshi and Eizan teamed up in a different class. The alumni that stood before us was none other than Hitoshi Sekimori, owner of a Sushi restaurant.

He had brought fresh salmon..... that was too fresh. The fish had been cooped up in a tank and students had a hard time grabbing the fish. Yuuka had been smart enough to sprankle some food in the tank before grabbing one and throwing it on the plank. Now it was just flopping like crazy.

"Ano.... [Last name]-san?"

"Hmmmm?"

"Shouldn't we get started? T-The others have already begun..."

Slowly I turned to Yuuka and gave her a forced smile. "Sounds like a plan."

Grabbing my treasured butcher knife, I held it up. I hate slimy things. Don't get me wrong, I can somewhat stand them when they're dead, but when they're alive they're soooo.....

I shivered.

"Yuuka, will you prepare the vegetables?" I asked the red head. She immediately got to work with enthousiasm that rivalled Satoshi's. If he was here he would surely cry for the poor salmon.

Looking back at the fish, I cut its head clean off and began to prepare it for the sushi, sprinkling various spices over the raw flesh.

Together we prepared california rolls, maki's and Nigiri's. Sushi didn't take long to make so we were finished pretty fast. Yuuka worked on the finishing touches while I inspected some of the spices.

"Aaaand... done!" Yuuka held up the plate with sushi with a sparkling smile.

Blood rushed to my cheeks from the sudden cute display. coughing in my hand, I motioned to Hitoshi. We approached him cautiously and showed him the dish.

"Ahh. [Name]-san and Yuuka-san." First name basis already?!

"H-Hitoshi-chefu," Yuuka smiled timidly. "here is our dish!"

Hitoshi smiled, clapping his hands. "Well I can't deny the food of two kawaii maidens~"

"I aint kawaii" I grumbled under my breath, too soft for him to hear.

Grabbing chopsticks, he broke them apart and lifted a california roll, dipping it in the soya sauce before eating it. I half expected him to go in lala land from the deliciousness of the dish, but that didn't seem to be the case. Unlike at the school self, these were alumni, elite of elite.

Hitoshi's eyes opened for a fraction of a second. "What is this?" He looked at the white paste inside the rice.

A smirk formed on my lips while Yuuka's smile widened. My knowledge of Japanese cuisine exceeded that of a normal student, mainly because I worked in Hinako's restaurant. That slight advantage caused me to be more knowledgable about the different pastes there are.

"It's mayonaise with nutmeg crumbs. It's delicious isn't it? You're tongue should be tingling by now." I put my hand on my hip as I said that.

Yuuka froze as she stared at me incredulously. I simply put my hand on her head and ruffled her hair as we waited for Hitoshi's answer.

"[Name]-san, Yuuka-san. You pass my test."

********************************************

"Uwaaahhaaah. Hinako-chef was a hand full." Satoshi exclaimed, stretching his arms above his head before throwing one arm around my shoulders. "We had to fetch our food from outside."

With one eye open, I peeled his arm off my shoulders and bumped my hip against his. "That's what happens in Hinako's restaurant. You don't want to know how many people get stung by bee's daily." I flinched at the memory of an employee who was all swollen up.

'' I sure feel for them." Satoshi hung his head in sympathy.

After arriving back at the hotel, we were on our merry way to the assembly hall. Hitoshi was also there- surprisingly. I would've thought the old fart would've lazed around with some tea.

The amount of students had already lessened, and despite that, everyone seemed to be relieved.

"Ne, Satoshi. Wanna play a card game later?" I proposed nonchalantly. I tried to look as casual as possible, ignoring the beating of my heart.

Satoshi froze in his step, staring at me with wide eyes. Slowly a blush crept on my cheek and I looked everywhere but him. Even such a simple questoin made me nervous.

"[Name]-chan...." Satoshi mumbled. "Since when were you so nice to me!~" A huge smile plastered itself on his lips as he made a move to hug me. I tried to dodge him but he had anticipated it, already closing his arms around my frame.

My face was now beat red as I spluttered. "T-This is just a one time thing okay?! Don't get the wrong idea baka!" The rest of my complaining fell to deaf ears as Satoshi twirled us around in happiness.

He could get so happy over little things that it was just embarrassing to see.

But somehow,

It made him stand out in a goodway.

Squirming out of his arms, I briskly walked in the assemlby hall, freezing in my steps as I stared at all the buff men in the room. Satoshi entered after me and gasped in bewilderment.

Hitoshi cleared his throat. "The next task for today. Serve 50 servings of this steak set-" He motioned to a plate with beef, rice and vegetables. "In 60 minutes. If you fail, you're expelled."

"EEEEHHEHEEEHHEHEHEHHEEE?!"

I sweatdropped at the dramatics of my fellow classmates.

"It seems we may not be able too play that card game..."

Aint much but it's something. I'm feeling uninspired :/