• Better not Knowing •

Start from the beginning

Jungkook's forehead creased. "What does that have to do in anything?"

"They eliminate the threat, Your Majesty." But the man did not even bother answering him, as he continued to what he was saying. "When a predator hates his prey, he kills them faster to avoid it from escaping." The man continues, pouring another set of jasmine tea into the cup. "Because when a prey managed to escape, the predator's stomach will remain hungry."
"And predators dont like being hungry."

"What rubbish are you saying, Kim Taehyung!?" Jungkook hissed.

Taehyung's gaze narrowed on him, "Didn't I told you to stop investigating about the late Crown Prince's death? You're better off not knowing the truth." The man hissed, "Because even with that royal clothings, wont conceal the fact that you're still not ready to handle the pain of the past."

Jungkook left the harem, fuming.

He didn't get what he came there for. And he would really not get it if Taehyung will keep pushing him out, avoiding the past. If Taehyung will keep his scheme, be as stubborn as he'd always been, then Jungkook might need to use another tactic to make the man talk.

But what kind of strategy should he use?

The young King sighed, starting to continue his walk towards his palace, but soon, stopped.

A glimpse of someone familiar halted his steps.

It was the Queen.

And she's with someone else.

Jungkook scoffed, though a hidden anger bugs him.

I thought I made myself clear to you...Prime Minister Park?

•••

I hissed, standing up from my desk and leaving my palace. I wont be able to rest knowing that there was another addition to my long list of enemies. It bothers me knowing that the King had been to the harem for a reason that's quite obvious yet still, a bit suspicious.

Jungkook is not the type to like the harem. He never visit it. Well, only that time when Consort Hui Bin was just a mere concubine. But aside of that reason, Jungkook will never visit the harem.

So why now?

And why does the King's harem has a male concubine? They are rare, male concubines are rare. Those male that were ordered to live in the palace and serve as a concubine usually belongs to a Prince or a Princess. Not to the King.

So why?

What is Jungkook planning? What is he doing?

"Your Majesty? Where are you going?" Court Lady Suk asked, following me as I made my way through the arch, out of my palace, out of the Eunwolgak.

"I need to see that man. I need to see who that concubine is." I gritted, still hurrying.

"But Your Majesty, you are not allowed to be in the harem." The woman said, worry was laced in her tone. But I did not care.
At this moment, I just wanted to see for myself what kind of person I will have to deal with.
And what Jungkook see in those people that the King never see in me.

I am almost close to the harem, my court ladies still trying to stop me, in which I never listened to, when another person emerged in front of me. Blocking the view of the harem from my sight.

The man grinned, "I believe your court ladies are right, Your Majesty. The harem is not a place for you." Prime Minister Park grinned, both arms extended to completely block my advances.
I narrowed my eyes on him. Completely showing my dislike for his presence.

"And I believe it is also not part of your job to always be present just to ruin my day." I hissed.

The man laughed, putting his hands down and into his robe.

"I am glad to always be part of your day, Your Majesty." Park Jimin laughed. But I dont appreciate that.

"Move, Prime Minister Park." I gritted, but he did not budge.

"You know that the King do not like you here." The man turned serious. "And even if you will to enter the harem, you'll only put another taint in your name by harassing a concubine."

"I am not going to harass anyone, Park Jimin." I hissed.
"Am I really that bad in your eyes?"

"I know you since young, Your Majesty. And believe me...you're worst than that." The man turned serious. His eyes stopped crinkling and his lips formed into a thin line.

I've never seen Park Jimin this serious. He's the type to always smile, always bright, but this? Am I facing a different person?

But his seriousness did not falter the visible anger in my face.

"The court has their eyes on you. One wrong move and they will not hesitate to dethrone you. So please, Hyun Ae-ah, listen to me and go back to your palace. Dont let these emotion drives you to do something crazy. Again." He sighed.

"The officials have no power to dethrone a Queen." But I am stubborn. Hard headed. I wont easily be shaken by those fools that try to get me out of the palace.

And I am not someone to just easily let that happen. I promised on the grave of my parents that I will never let go of the crown. This, belongs to me. I lost people fighting for this title and so I will never let anyone take that away from me.

But Park Jimin's next words manage to shake my whole being. "But the King does." He said.

And he's right.

A/N: since y'all been asking for this...welp