Starting work

RECAP (ASRAM'S POV)

I tried talking to Sara multiple times, but all I got was ignorance or a curt yes or no. She was avoiding me clearly. Adi and Aku also realized and looked at me questioningly but I just looked away. I knew it was my fault.

Sara's POV

The weekend after the last paper flew by quickly. I was behaving happy but my mind was clouded by the thoughts of a specific jerk. By Sunday night I had decided, I am not going to talk to him, unless ofcourse it is related to work. I will keep things strictly professional and mind y own business. With that promise to myself I fell asleep.

The next morning I quickly got ready and rushed downstairs. Bhai was waiting with his car keys. I told him that I was ready to go, but mom entered.

(A/N I am not very good at clothing and make up descriptions. Please look at the image above to understand what Sara has worn)

'You have not had your breakfast Sara beta. Have it quickly and then go.'

'No maa, please I don't want to be late.'

'Achaa okay, beta. Atleast wait one second. Mein dahi shakar leke aati hoon. Pehla din acha jayega' (Ok dear. Atleast wait a second. I will get curd and sugar. You have to eat it, your first day at work will go well)

(A/N Having curd and sugar, is thought to ensure that everything goes well)

'Ok maa, but thoda jaldi. Late ho raha hain' (Ok mom, but a little quick. I am getting late)

'Haan beta' (Yes dear) Saying that she rushed into the kitchen and returned with the sweet curd. I had a bite and then rushed out of the house with my brother. He quickly drove me there, wished me luck and asked me to call him if anything happens. I nodded and sprinted into the office. I got into the lift and went right upto the highest floor.

I met the receptionist there and she guided me to my office. She also explained to me all the things I was supposed to do. I liked this lady, she was quite sweet and introduced herself as Leanne Dale. After she explained everything to me, we spoke about some random things and instantly connected. She informed me that the boss, Asram, would arrive in a few minutes and said that she had to go. We promised to meet each other during the lunch break and she left the room.

A while later, my intercom rang. Curiously,I picked up the phone.

'Sara could you come in my office now. The work is urgent.'

'Sure sir' With that I put down the phone. I reminded myself that I couldn't let him hurt me again and that I have to be professional. I wore my blazer and made my way to his office, which was not far from mine. I knocked on the door and he asked me to enter.

'Sara, can you please-'

'Sir, I am sorry to interrupt but I would prefer if you call me Ms. Sharma since I allow only my family and friends to call me Sara. Pardon my audacity sir, but can you please behave professionally. You are supposed to call all your employees by terms like Ms., Mr and so on, unless of course you know them personally. '

'Sara, I am really sorry about that day. I was just too angry, but I should not have lost my temper on you. Please forgive me.' He looked extremely guilty, as though he had murdered someone. But he did right, he murdered my heart. He deserves this.

'It's Ms. Sharma, sir. I believe you had some work for me, how can I help you sir?' He sighed, a hurt look crossed his face, but he masked it away quickly.

'Yes Ms. Sharma. Could you please go and fetch me my coffee. Also get one for yourself and do bring a few tea cake slices for me, and yourself if you wish to have it, from the café downstairs. After that, on your laptop there is a file on the desktop, which connects all the employees and dedicates the tasks. Open your ID, I have sent the details to you via mail. It will show you your to-do list which I will keep updating. You must complete all your tasks and only then can you leave for the day. Unless, of course, it is mentioned that the specific task is due for some other day. You will report to me at the end of the day before leaving. Am I clear?'