First day at work

RECAP

Well let's just see how tomorrow goes, I thought as I tried to sleep, but failed with Asram's face crossing my eyes every time I shut them. I didn't realize when I fell of to sleep.

SARA'S POV

Oh god!

Why do I always wake up late. I groaned as I quickly finished my chores and got ready to face the day ahead

 I groaned as I quickly finished my chores and got ready to face the day ahead

Sara's clothes

I hurried downstairs and my mother rolled her eyes at me, but nonetheless complimented me on my attire.

"You are looking gorgeous dear"

"Thanks maa"

"Have some breakfast dear"

"Maa, I am getting late, I will have it in the car. Where are dad and bhai, by the way?"

"They are waiting for you in the car"

"Ok maa, love you, byeee" With that I hurried out of the house with a few toasts in one hand and my daily coffee mug in the other.

Juggling all her stuff, with her dior purse in one arm, she scurried into the car.
"Oh! So our dear princess finally got ready. I wouldn't be surprised if you get fired for not being punctual on the first day. Anyways all set should I drive" I nodded in affirmative and my father began riding as my brother chuckled at my situation.

"Bhai,shut up" he raised his hands in surrender and I smiled
"Much better"

Soon we reached the huge empire that I would be working in. Both of them wished me luck and asked me to call them even if someone harmed a hair on my head. Also dad reminded me everything he had said the previous night and I hurried inside realizing that it was only 3 minutes to 9.
I ran straight for the lifts, not bothering to greet anyone on my way. I realized not greeting them for a day was better then never greeting them. With that I got into the lift and arrived on the top floor, where I rushed to the reception. The kind and warm receptionist hurriedly lead me to the office door and I breathed a sigh of relief. I still had 30 seconds to go.

Just as I was about to knock, I heard a sharp, authoritative "You may enter now that you have caught your breath"

Woah, how did he know that I was there. God save me.

I hurriedly entered, took a deep breath and muttered a good morning sir. I kept looking at the tiles below, I knew that if I did look at him, I would get lost in how devilishly handsome he looks. I would end up messing up and finally, I would lose my job. TA-DA.

"You can take a seat Ms. Sharma" he said with a small smile as though sensing my anxiety and nervousness.

"I did as I was told". I still couldn't control my curiosity and out of no where asked him something I was very confused about.

"How did you know I was outside the door, it was opaque"

"Look behind you Ms. Sharma" I hesitated a little but complied. The door was actually see through from this side, it just looked opaque from outside.

"Ohh" really ohh, is that all you could say, great job smarty pants my subconscious said.

I looked back at him, slowly after composing myself I said "Sir you wished to talk to me and give me further instructions?"

"Yes, right. Actually I am aware that you are still completing the last year of your education , so on what days do you have lectures. What would your availability be?"

"Well sir, I have lectures only on Monday and Tuesday. However all the lectures I have on Tuesday are also held on Monday. I could shift all the lectures to Monday and then I would be able to work the rest of the week."

"That would be very good indeed, but wouldn't it become very hectic, Ms. Sharma?" he said with concern in his voice, or was I imagining it. I probably was imagining it.

"I think I will be able to manage it sir" I replied confidently. He looked quite impressed.

"Well, I guess everything is sorted out. Your work timing would generally be 9am to 6pm, but at times it may be extended. Also, you might have to accompany me as my PA for several business meetings in India or at times abroad. Would you be able to do that. Actually, chuck it, don't answer that. You can decide whenever the situation comes up. Do you have any questions now? "

"Sir when am I expected to join?"

"You could join, from tomorrow itself, unless there is some issue with that."

"Sir, the thing is that my finals are going on. So would it be alright if I join as soon as they are over. Sir, it is a sincere request."

"Alright, Ms. Sharma, so what date can I expect you to join?"

"Umm..my exams get over on the 24th which is a Friday, so I believe I can join work by the 27th."

"Perfect. Congratulations on getting the job by the way. You really did deserve it."

"It means a lot coming from you sir, thank you"

"Anyways, please tell your best friend and my dear spoilt sister that you got chosen and have spoken to me. She has been pestering me non-stop since I told her it was confidential. Please do help me here. Also All the Best for your exams. Try to explain to my sister the importance of studies. Please."

"Thanks a lot, I hope the exams go well.I will definitely speak to her, she will have my head for not calling her as soon as I saw the mail last night. You should have told her. Hey Bhagwan! bacha lo. I will try explaining, but I can't promise. Do you know, she was pestering me to go shopping yesterday, with just a week to exams. "

"Oh god, help her" I chuckled at the way he said that. I guess drama runs in the family genes

"Ms. Sharma, as much as I would love to sit and discuss my sister with you over here, I have a meeting in 10 minutes so I need to rush. I am very sorry. Maybe we can continue this discussion some other day. "

"Sure sir, It happens to be one of my favorite topics." As I was getting up and ready to leave, I realized something, I was no longer nervous. Just as I was about to open the door to leave. I slowly turned around to see him collecting some of the things he would need for the meeting.

"Sir, thanks a lot" I said softly. He immediately looked at me, his eyes questioning.

"Your welcome, but for what if I may ask?"

"Sir, the thing is, I was extremely nervous, to be honest, I had heard from others in the office, that you were very strict, arrogant and a complete perfectionist. I believed all those rumors and I was afraid of you. But you proved them wrong and I forgot about all the nervousness. So thanks"

He just smiled at me and said "I do have my bad days, but I am not always like that. I think you will be able to bear me."

"I definitely will, Bye sir"

"Good bye, and say hi to Uncle, Aunty, Adi and Jay from my side. Lastly, tell Adi that I will kill him, if he cancels this weekends plan."

"Sure, Now final bye"

"Ya see you soon" With that I walked out of the room, feeling quite comfortable with Asram. He had changed, matured , but it was good that he had.

With that I called Dad and the driver picked me up, since it was only mid-day.

I have to get home and study. At that, I groaned. Just then I remembered.... Akshita... Shit...I am Dead meat.