A Story of Third Wheels and Death

A/N I am a complete dick! I'm so sorry for not updating for so long! I promise I'll be updating better. I might eventually switch this over to its own actual story but for now, I'll be leaving it as Malec.

"What the fuck?" Jace jumped up and brushed himself off. I was hurt by his tone of voice. Was I really that disgusting? Was he just acting okay with everything but was really embarrassed. 

"I was just telling Alec how I had yet to have a threesome." Magnus brushed a finger across Jace's chest with a wink.

Jace to my complete shock grabbed Magnus's hand and bit his lip. "Is that so?"

"Oh yes." Magnus stepped closer and Jace burst up laughing. 

"Dude, I'm sorry I can't do it." Jace and Magnus laughed as if they were old friends. "Sorry Alec, I knew he was coming over but I wanted to make sure you didn't screw everything up." He reached down a hand to help me up. I was beyond confused.

"I think it's too late though. Why are you wearing that shirt?" Jace shook his head as he walked to the door. "Good luck Mrs.Lightwood.

Magnus was still laughing when Jace ran back inside to grab a container of chicken before leaving again. Magnus sat down and touched his forehead as I stood still frozen, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Actually." Jace opened the door again. "My show is on so I'm just going to eat with you and then leave." He took a seat next to Magnus.

"By all means." Magnus rolled his eyes at me. "Maybe we could go to your room?" 

"Nope!" Jace jumped up. "No boys in Alec's room."

"Jace!" I finally found my voice.

"No." He shook his head and sounded like my parents. "I'm not allowing my sweet, innocent, little boy to get deflowered under my watch."

"I sure as hell hope you won't watch." Magnus joked and Jace started laughing again. 

"What the hell is happening right now?" I asked them both and started to pace. Was I having a stroke? Was I dead?

"Dude, chill." Jace rolled his eyes. "Sorry about my idiot friend. He clearly is having a moment." Jace said to Magnus as if I wasn't there.

"I understand." Magnus winked at me. "Maybe you should go upstairs, change, and then come back down?"

"Change?" I was confused. 

"You're dripping wet and wearing what I'm assuming is your mother's advertising shirt." Magnus smiled sweetly. I looked down and nearly died. The light pink shirt was completely see-through from the wetness and my mom's face was smiling up at me. 

"Fuck." I ripped the shirt off. 

"Dude!" Jace shielded his eyes as Magnus's eyes grew. 

"That works for me." Magnus licked his lips. 

"Um." I covered my chest with my arms. "I'll be, um. Yeah?" Then I turned and slipped on the puddle of water from my feet.

"It's better to dry off after a shower," Jace said as he walked over me. "Just FYI. I'm going to leave because if I don't right now I might need to die. You two are way too awkward."

"Jace, you're taking all of the food," Magnus called after him.

"You owe me so much more for having to witness that." Jace strode out the door.

"Well, this has been a disaster." I sighed.

"It hasn't been boring. That's for sure." Magnus stood up. "I was hoping that wasn't all sweat." He ran his finger over my drying chest. "I haven't seen you without your shirt yet."

"I accidentally got in the shower with my clothes on after I already showered," I admitted and burst out laughing. "I am so bad at this. No wonder why I don't date!"

"I have so many questions now." Magnus laughed. "How about we go grab something to eat seeing how your dick of a friend stole all our food?"

"Out?" I said and wished I could take it back.

"Right." He frowned but tried to hide it. "I'm sure you have food here."

"Actually, I know of a great place." I decided that it was time. I was ready. I opened the door and Magnus shrugged off his leather jacket.

"Here." He held it out to me and I was intoxicated by his scent. "People make stare if you don't hide those muscles." 

"Thanks." I pulled it on and it fit a bit snugly in some places.

"You need to wear that more often. I can't wait to take you shopping." Magnus kissed my nose and I completely forgot that we were standing in front of the open door.

"I'm sorry." Magnus shot back. "Sorry."

"It's fine." I felt as if I were high. 

"I'm going to assume you don't want to go on my bike," Magnus said with a wistful sigh.

"I have the key to Jace's car." I grabbed them before leading the way. 

"You two really are close." Magnus sounded almost jealous.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged. "We've known each other for so long."

We drove in comfortable silence to the burger joint. "This is my favorite place." I declared as we pulled up. I saw a bunch of people from school. It made sense because it was Friday night.

Magnus saw my fear. "If you want to turn and go I completely understand. Really." Magnus squeezed my hand tightly. I didn't even remember taking his, but there we were, sitting with our hands together. I gave his a squeeze and let go. 

"I'm ready," I said and he knew that I didn't mean to come out but to at least be seen out together as friends.

"Alec, why are you with the fag?" Josh, an idiot on the football team said as we walked to get in line.

"Nice to see you too." Magnus mock saluted him. I tried to be as calm but it didn't work. I slammed my fist into Josh's mouth. I felt his lip split under the pressure. Magnus looked more surprised than anyone else in the crowd. I was worried for a split second that he was going to hug or kiss me. Would it be so terrible? You want to kiss him right now, don't you?

"Does anyone else have a problem with my friend?" I demanded of the crowd around us.

A/N Hope you like the update. I'm working on the next one already. Just thought we needed to see the tough side of Alec for a second. Sorry again for it taking so long!! Let me know what you think and what you're wanting to see!