Time For A Ride

"I'm sorry about how I was acting in the bathroom. I didn't know that you were that. You must think I'm a judgmental idiot." I sputtered as I followed behind him. Was he really bi? And he didn't like Becca on me. Did that mean he liked me? No, that wasn't possible; I wasn't the kind of guy that he would like; for one thing I was so far in the closet that I was surprised I hadn't found Narnia yet.

"Alec, it's fine, really. I'm a tough guy. But just for my sake will you please stop acting as if being gay or bi is some unmentionable disease? It's okay to say the word out loud." He pulled a set of keys from his pocket and clicked a button. The lights on a small, silver car to my left flashed.

"Sorry." I felt bad but I couldn't say it. It was something I had never allowed myself to say because if I was comfortable saying it I might accidentally blurt it out at the wrong time. But the way he was talking made it easier. He knew who he was and wasn't afraid of who that was.

"It's fine. Get in." He motioned to the car.

"Weren't you on a motorcycle?" I asked remembering how we had met.

He leaned in so he could whisper. "Yeah, but I thought you wouldn't be comfortable sitting behind me with your arms wrapped around my waist; as much as I might have enjoyed it." He winked then got in the driver's side before I could respond. I ran my hand over my face trying to hide the blush that was rising and got in. The car smelled of coconuts and vanilla and had a pink fuzzy covered steering wheel. I had a strong feeling this wasn't his car.

"It's my sister's." He answered my unasked question. "But to be fair I did the decorating."

"Right." I nodded because I wasn't sure what to do or say.

"Seatbelt? Or do you like to live on the edge?" He asked looking into my eyes like he could see into my soul.

"Oh, yeah, no, I'm more the safe type. No edges for me." Shut up! I yelled at myself.

"We'll have to see about that." He grabbed the gearshift and managed to brush his pinky against my thigh.

"So, you have a sister?" I asked because I needed something to distract me from his presence and smell that was invading my space.

"Yeah, she's sixteen and thinks she knows everything." He pulled out of the school parking lot and then stepped on the gas. My body was pressed against the seat and I reached for something to hold onto which happened to be his hand. I let go as soon as I realized and clenched my fists instead.

"Sorry, I forget sometimes that I'm not on my bike." He wiggled his fingers against the steering wheel which drew my attention as he slowed down. "I like going fast."

"That's fun," I said lamely.

"You have no idea. I love feeling that power between my legs as I shoot off towards wherever I want to go. Sometimes I hop on my bike and drive until I run out of gas. I don't pay attention to where I'm going. It's an incredible feeling." He shifted gears and lightly touched my thigh again with the side of his hand. I couldn't even tell if he was doing it purposefully or not anymore. "This one time I left the house at like 2 am and I got all the way to another state before I stopped. I pushed my bike to the nearest gas station, bought a sleeping bag and drove to a campsite that was a couple of miles away. I stayed there for a couple of days then went home. It was amazing."

"Seriously? Didn't your parents freak out?" I asked shocked. My parents would have called the cops, had me tracked down, then probably have killed me.

"It's only my mom and no, she hardly notices when I'm there."

"I'm sorry."

"Oh, it's fine. She's great, really, just gets distracted easily. But I guess you should expect that with the artist type. And my sister is good at covering for me."

"That's cool. What kind of art does she do?"

"Mostly painting and ceramics, but really she does anything and everything. She's actually going to be teaching a couple of courses for The Academy."

"The academy?"

"Yeah, it's an art studio in the city for all ages. Anyway, that's why we moved here." He shifted again and like I expected his finger brushed against my leg. I wondered why I hadn't moved away from him but I pushed the thought out of my mind.

"I've lived here my whole life," I said and expected for him to point out how lame that was.

"Awesome. I've always wondered what it would have been like to live in one place. Honestly, though I don't think the gypsy in me would let that happen." He laughed and winked at me. "How about you?"

"What?"

"Do you have any gypsy in your soul?" He focused his ocean eyes on me before turning back to the road as the light turned green.

"I don't know. I've never really considered it I guess." I said nervously. Would I ever get used to being around him? Probably not with those blue eyes looking at me as if I was a tasty treat he wanted.

"Well, what do you say to going on an adventure right now?" He had a wicked gleam in his eyes. It made me want to say yes but I couldn't, could I? No, I couldn't.

"Don't worry, another time. Where to?" He pointed at the road and I realized I had never told him where I lived so we had been just driving around town aimlessly.

"Take this right." I pointed it out and guided him the rest of the way to my house.

"Ah, well this has been nice." He said as he pulled into my driveway. He reached out toward my hand and for a second I thought he was going to hold it so I froze. Did I want him to? I didn't think so, but maybe I did. But instead, he took my phone and swiped across the screen.

"Password?" He asked without looking at me.

"What? Uh, a check mark to the left." I said and watched him deftly unlock my phone and go to the contacts.

"Now you have my number. We should hang out, as friends." He added the last part as an afterthought as he gave me back my phone.

"Sure. Thanks for the ride." I opened the door.

"That's what they all say." He chuckled and I blushed. "You blush a lot."

"Yeah, sorry."

"Don't be. It's cute." Then he drove off. 

A/N What do you think? Will Alec call Magnus? Will they hang out as "just friends" or will Alec suck it up and let them be more? Hope you're liking it?

Thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting! It really helps me want to write more.