I'm Not You Know

"What?" I asked him with an edge to my voice that I wasn't used to having.

"You good?" He ignored my question.

"What did you mean about me being with Jace?" I asked him still with that edge in my voice. I had never been so embarrassed. Who said things like that point blank and out in the open for anyone to hear? What if someone had heard him? A rumor could destroy everything; it didn't matter if it was real or not.

"Was Jace the guy that left?" He cocked his eyebrow again. He sighed. "Shit, you're not a thing are you?"

"No!" I shouted then cleared my throat. "I mean, no, he's my best friend that's all. I'm not you know." I motioned between us as if that explained what you know was.

"Hmm." He rubbed his pointer finger and thumb against his chin.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked getting pissed. How dare he? He was acting like I was the one who was stepping over some line even though he was the one who was judging me. He was the one who had tried to tell the world that I was gay, with Jace no less! And why was I still so attracted to this guy?

"What do you think it means?" He countered.

"Are you incapable of answering a fucking question?" I asked and clenched my fists in frustration.

"Are you?" He smirked. I wanted to knock his teeth out.

"Forget it." I threw my arms out. "Get out of my way."

"Woah, hold on. I was just messing with you." He touched my arm and I jumped back. "I'm sorry."

"Whatever. Just let me out." I tried to push past him but he stayed steady. I couldn't believe that he was being so easy going about something so serious. It was a big deal and he didn't seem to care one way or the other.

He ran his fingers through his hair and the action made his scent waft toward me. He smelled of soap and mint and I realized in that moment just how much I liked those two scents. "Now wait a second. Do you want to know what I was talking about or not?"

I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows. "Go on."

"I saw you with, Jace was it?" He gestured for me to answer.

"Yeah."

"So Jace and you, well I thought you were a thing and that was why you ran off earlier." He said in one breath. "Now I know that I was wrong so I'm sorry."

"Good." I grabbed onto the door handle.

"But, I still feel like you were flirting with me." He whispered under his breath.

"Never. I'm not into that." I waved at his body. I was horrified. He had thought I was flirting with him? Was I? No, I wasn't! Did he want me to flirt with him? It didn't matter. I couldn't let anything happen and I barely knew the guy. He could be trying to set me up; he did seem like the kind of guy to do that.

"Ouch, insult received and understood." He chuckled then ran his fingers through his hair in a motion that I was already getting used to. "Think maybe we can start over. Be friends?"

"I have enough friends but thank you." I pulled the door open not caring if he moved out of the way or not. I needed to get away from him before I did something that I might regret. I pulled my phone out and called my dad. 

A/N Sassy scared Alec is at it again! haha Hope you liked it! And don't worry the next chapter is called You Can't Get Away That Easy so it'll be okay.