Well, That's One Way to Meet

I was busy texting him for the third time when I bumped into someone. My phone fell to the asphalt and bounced once before the back popped off and the battery jumped out. I reflexively leaned forward to try and stop it and slammed my head into the person again.

"Shit. I'm sorry." I said while grabbing my head. What had I hit that was so hard? I looked up and saw a shiny, black motorcycle helmet in a gloved hand. That had to be what I hit.

"You okay?" The body attached to the gloved hand asked. His voice was silky smooth and rich like dark chocolate ganache.

"Yeah, sorry again." I looked up and felt an instant blush on my cheeks. His eyes were golden like the sun that had clearly kissed his skin and his hair was barely long enough to be in his eyes. It had red streaks in it. He shoved it back with his hand and smiled. I thought I was going to faint.

"Don't worry about it." He chuckled. "I think I did more damage than you."

He bent down to pick up my phone while I stood there, silent and frozen like a statue.

"Are you sure your head's okay?" He asked while putting my phone back together. His muscles rippled under his black t-shirt. He gave me a funny smirk and handed my phone to me. I almost dropped it all over again when his fingers brushed against mine.

"Uh-yeah-uh-I'm-thanks." I mumbled incoherently.

"I don't know." He hung his helmet on the handle of his motorcycle so he could get into his backpack that had been slung over his left shoulder. He pulled out a blue Gatorade. "Have a drink."

I took it from his hand with the same hand that had my now fixed phone so I couldn't hold it. The Gatorade fell but he caught it midair. "Why don't we go over to that bench? You can sit down for a minute. Is your family here or anyone else?"

He put his hand on my back lightly, not in a romantic way, but to lead me to the bench he was talking about. Hadn't he asked me something? I tried to focus. "No, my parents."

He chuckled and I felt the vibrations of the deep sound in my soul. "Your parents are here?"

"Yes." Once I was sitting and he was standing which put some distance between us I finally could think again. "My head hurts."

"I'm sure it does. Motorcycle helmets aren't known for being soft." He set the Gatorade on the bench and got into his backpack again. He dug around for a minute then pulled out a white bottle. "Take this."

"I don't do drugs." I said and ignored his hand.

"I don't either. It's Tylenol." He shrugged and dropped them into my hand.

"Oh, right. I didn't mean to say that you looked like you took drugs, or that you don't. I mean if you do that's none of my business anyway." I blabbered then swallowed the pills with a swig of the drink he had offered.

"Chill. It's fine." He smiled again. "I'm Magnus."

"Alec." I shook his outstretched hand but neither of us let go. His thumb slid over my knuckles before I quickly pulled my hand back.

"Alec, I like it." He purred and smiled showing his white teeth. I noticed that his third one on the left was a tiny bit crooked which made me feel a little better. So he wasn't entirely perfect.

"Thanks, I got it for my birthday." I said and wanted to die instantly.

He closed his eyes, threw his head back, and laughed. People stopped to look at us which made me uncomfortable. I stood up and was about to leave when he stopped and opened his eyes again. The gold this time was darker, almost brown. "You know what? I like you."

"Um, I better go get my schedule." I grabbed my phone which was sitting on the bench, knocked over the Gatorade again and ran away.

A/N Just so you know I am Alec. So awkward but adorable, well I hope I am. Haha Who are you? Hope you're liking it.