First Day

A/N I'm so sorry about it being late. I've been really busy, but I think I should be able to update this at least once a week again and hopefully twice.

"Jace, wake up," I said as I walked into my best friend's room. He was always late for things that he didn't like, especially school and his parents were always gone by the time he needed to leave for school so it had somehow become my job to wake him up.

"Alec, it's too early," Jace grumbled and I tried to ignore the way his muscles flexed as he flipped over to his stomach and the sheets fell down to his waist showing off his solid back. 

"Are you staring at my ass?" Jace asked.

"What?" I looked away. "Of course not."

"Good, because you're supposed to be liking my enemy, not me."

"Jace, just get out of bed or I'm leaving you behind." I rolled my eyes and grabbed a pair of jeans and shirt. I tossed them onto the bed and he grumbled. 

"Alec, how would you leave me. It's my car." Jace flipped over and pulled on his shirt while still sitting in bed. I was struck with jealousy as I noticed that he looked perfect and ready for his day already. It was always so easy for him. Sure, I didn't actually do anything to fix my appearance but I looked like a messy stoner probably.

"I have your keys." I held them up and smirked.

Jace glared then looked down at his phone. "What the fuck? It's twenty minutes before we have to leave!" 

"Right." I rubbed my neck. "I want to get a coffee before school."

"Why?" Jace narrowed his eyes at me.

"Because I want to drink it." I narrowed my eyes at him. It's definitely not because I found out that Magnus will be working at the coffee shop on Monday mornings. 

"You're bitter enough. You don't need a drink to add to it." Jace rolled his eyes and pulled on his jeans then stood up to buckle them. 

"Am I really that bitter?" I frowned. Maybe Magnus hadn't told me because he wanted me to come; maybe it was just a fact. 

"Yes, you are, but I could go for a coffee too." Jace slapped my chest and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "By the way, what happened to your eye?"

"Oh, I covered the bruise."

"With what?"

"Makeup."

"You have makeup?"

"Izzy." I lied. Why was I lying to him? He already knew everything.

A couple minutes later we were in the car and Jace drove towards a Starbucks. 

"Hey, could we actually try that local place?" I asked him hoping it was subtle.

"Why?" He gave me that look again that told me he was seeing through me.

"Well, I mean we should support local businesses, right?" I shrugged.

"Fine. Plus, they have great pastries." Jace flipped around and quickly drove to the smaller shop. He pulled to the drive-thru and I sighed. "Oh right, you're terrible at making decisions. We'll go inside." Jace chuckled and shook his head, "and people say I'm high-maintenance."

"You are." I grinned and hopped out of the car. I watched carefully as I walked inside, well for Magnus. Clearly, I wasn't watching the floor well because the next thing I knew I was lying facedown on the sidewalk. 

"Shit, are you okay?" Jace asked through his laughter. 

"Ah, yeah." I jumped up and brushed off the dirt. "That sidewalk came out of nowhere."

"Right, it was the sidewalk's fault." Jace chuckled.

"Yes, it-"

"Door!"

"Fuck." I rubbed my arm that had slammed into the door.

"What is going on with you?" Jace asked with a serious tone. "Are you on something?"

"No, I'm just, well I'm Alec."

"Yeah, but you're never this bad." Jace grabbed my arm. "Are you okay? What's going on?"

I shook him off me. "Jace I'm just half asleep. I'm fine."

"You'd tell me if you weren't, right?"

"Of course."

"Oh, that's why!" Jace exclaimed as we walked inside and he saw Magnus wave at me.

"What? No!" I shoved my friend.

"Sure, I'm going to pee. Get me a black coffee with a ton of cream and sugar, but not the kind that you want from Magnus if you know what I mean." Jace winked and strutted away.

"Asshole!" I kicked him lightly.

"Oh yeah, you like those don't you." Jace turned around to smirk again.

My face was redder than a tomato and I thought I was going to faint.

"Looks like you've made up," Magnus said not looking at me. He was following Jace with his eyes. Was he into Jace? Was this all a way for him to get close to Jace? Girls did it all the time.

"He's an idiot but he is my best friend." I smiled and then Magnus looked back at me.

"Are you into him?" He asked point blank.

"Jace?" I coughed. "He's an idiot and very straight."

"That has nothing to do with you liking him or not."

"He's practically my brother," I tell him and he seems to relax. Does that mean he's glad that now he has a shot with him? Way to go Alec! You should have said yes!

"So, what can I get for you pretty boy?" Magnus asked acting like his usual self.

"Um, I'm bad at making choices." I rubbed my chin.

"Remember when you kissed me at the party?"

"What?" I choked. "Ah, yeah."

"Well, that was a quick decision. Make it like that." Magnus lowered his voice so I had to lean in closer.

"Um, yeah it doesn't work that way and I think I had a stroke or something which made me do that." I laughed nervously.

"Right," Magnus looked around at the empty coffee shop as a group of people left and then he lifted my chin with a finger curled under it and kissed me. His lips were soft and hot against mine. I was so shocked I opened my mouth to ask what was going on but then his tongue slid into my mouth. Then, Magnus pulled back and pointed to the menu.

"Quick! What do you want?" He asked.

"You," I whispered. "I mean, um a coffee."

"Me?" Magnus winked. "That can be arranged and I know the perfect drink for you."

A/N Awe can I just say I love them so much and gah! I hope you like it. Sorry again about the long wait!