Ch.10 Realise

I sat down at a table with Rose, Emmett and a few others as everyone took their turns speaking

I sat down at a table with Rose, Emmett and a few others as everyone took their turns speaking. Emmett's speech was by far the most cringe worthy, Alice's was sweet along with Esme's. Charlie's was extremely intimidating and I felt second hand embarrassment when Bella's friend Jessica spoke. Edward's was by far the most beautiful. I thought about speaking, but there was nothing I could say that would top off Edward's or the others.

Once all the speeches were over the party continued on. I wasn't one for dancing, but I enjoyed watching the show Alice and Jasper put on as they danced to Sister Rosetta by the Noisettes. Everyone cheered when Jasper flipped Alice over him and I couldn't help but smile happily. "They're really good!" I hear Seth's familiar voice speak out. I turn to look at him and smile.
"Yeah, it's a kind of go figure." I respond making him laugh.
"They both have some southern charm to them. Their dancing reminds me of something that would be in an old southern movie" Seth states.
"It's because they're both from the south. Jasper is from Texas and Alice is from Mississippi." I inform him making him oh out in understanding. Seth and I quickly clap as the song ends and we continue to talk.

"How's everything going?" He questions.
"Good, I suppose. I'm still getting use to everything." I state and Seth nods in understanding.
"Carlisle said you're different from them. I assume it's hard when they don't even know how to help you and get use to it all." He states making me look at him in interest.
"He told you all?"
"Yeah, well he told your mom and she told Sam and it got to all of us. It's kinda cool to know you're not fully dead and can still somewhat function. Not to mention your power is cool as hell! Like you can change your appearance along with others! You can alter DNA and inflict things on people! Imagine what else you can do!" Seth rambles and I stare at him in slight awe. He was still the same despite how much he's grown.

"Yeah, it's crazy." I state with a small smile. Seth nods and we grow quiet for a few seconds not really knowing what to say. There was a lot of unspoken things, but neither of us wanted to bring it up.
"Hey, do you maybe want to dance?" He questions out. I didn't even realize that the song had changed into a slow one. I looked around to notice everyone slow dancing before looking back at Seth with a smile.
"Sure." I respond and place my cold hand in his extremely warm one.

Seth and I slow danced quietly for a few. Our arms weren't wrapped around each other, but we held hands and swayed back and forth while standing front and front. "You know everyone misses you at the Res. We wish you would come back." Seth says making me sigh out a non existent breath.
"I don't feel welcomed there. I mean, yes it's my home, but my kind aren't welcomed there. It's against the treaty." I state.
"You're an exception, Deli. It has always been your home and besides you're Embry's impr..." He stopped talking. I could tell on his face he didn't want to bring up Embry in thought it might make me mad or something. His face was easy to read.
"I know I'm his imprint and that it's my home, but as Austin said, I've changed. I'm the same, but at the same time I'm not." I tell him. A frown forms on Seth's face.
"He said that to you?"
"He's not wrong. I've realized I have a new found confidence I guess you could say. I feel more empowering and better than I use to be." I state.
"That's a good thing though." Seth responds quickly.
"Not exactly. I mean yes, it can be good, but it can also make me seem like I'm full of myself."
"I don't see that though. I mean, I see the new found confidence and what not. You're not self absorbed though. You don't act like you're better than anyone else. You're humble. You've always been humble." He says making me smile lightly. "Did something happen between you and Austin?"
"I'd rather not talk about it." He nods in understanding before quickly growing stiff, his movements stopping. "Seth?" I saw him turn his head as if he was listening to something. I furrow my brows in confusion, but quickly catch on. The all too familiar voice of Jacob filled my ears.