Ch.4 Old Home

I found myself alone often, trying to comprehend and control my powers

I found myself alone often, trying to comprehend and control my powers. I had a basic grip over my main ones. A lot of it was just manipulation of my body and changing features since a lot of the applications were tiring or hard to do.

It was your typical overcast Friday in Forks and I found myself craving to go outside. Especially to La Push beach, but I knew I wasn't allowed on their territory. The Cullens made a big oopsie today. They left me alone in the house. I'm glad that they trusted me, but there was no way I wouldn't take advantage of it.

Leaving was easy.

Within a matter of minutes, I found myself in my old empty house. I was surprised to find Austin wasn't there. It made sense for my mother to be at work. Austin. I wonder how he was doing? I hope he was okay and doing well. I miss him.

My house looked the same, but slightly unkept and messy. I missed La Push a lot even though I have a love-hate relationship with it. It held a different vibe from Forks. I made my way up to my bedroom and automatically belly-flopped onto my bed. It felt so nice to lay in my own bed again even though I no longer slept. I closed my eyes in comfort, laying there in peace. I let memories fill my head. All were good. It was memories of Quil, Jake, Embry, and I. All of us messing around. Quil falling off my bed, us playing board games, watching movies, staying up late just to study, Quil falling off my bed again, Embry and I rough housing, Jake throwing a ball at my wall then it hitting him back in the face. The upbeat vibe suddenly fell apart as a memory of Embry and I laughing on my bed together came to mind. G note piano music filled the back of my mind as other memories started to appear.
Me laying in bed deathly sick, staring in the mirror and not liking what I saw, strands of hair slowly falling out, being practically skin and bone, crying on my bed at two in the morning, fighting with my mother, not having the strength to smile or eat anymore, losing Embry, losing Jake, losing Quil.....not being happy.

I quickly sat up from my bed and ran my fingers through my hair. Everything was still in place from when I left. I got up from my bed and automatically started to look for what I came here for. My passport. I took my time looking for it while taking in my house. I stopped searching in my mother's dresser when I got a call from Esme.

"Hey, what's up?" I question and proceed to look through the drawers.

"You can't be at your house you need to come back."

"How did you know I was here? I'm looking for my passport."

"You're on the reservation. That's the wolves' territory. Alice saw a vision, they know and sense there's a vampire there, but they don't know that it's you. You need to leave. They're coming."

"Okay, okay, I won't be long. If something happens I'll be okay."

"It's not them we're worried about. We are worried about you not being able to handle being around Embry or your mother. We don't need you losing yourself over the smell of their blood. Just please hurry and leave."