Ch.5 Phone Call

"I was fine," I say in annoyance

"You could've tried to hurt them." Rosalie hisses.
"But I didn't. Their smell turned me off." I state.
"And Embry?" Edward questions.
"What about him?"
"You hugged him. Did he not affect you?" He asks.
"No, he didn't. I had no want to feed off him. I just wanted to be in his arms. He smelt heavenly, but I didn't have the urge to suck him dry." I explain.
"He affected you, but not in the way we thought." Carlisle says making me look at him in confusion. "You're his imprint, whether you like it or not. I guess you had no want to feed off him because of the bond. It seems that imprint bond grew now that you are one of us."
"How? Vampires and wolves are mortal enemies." I state making Carlisle shrug.
"Maybe it's the whole supernatural aspect," Emmett suggests. I shake my head before thinking.
"It doesn't matter. I still love Austin." I say.
"But you like the way Embry makes you feel. After all, you couldn't resist hugging him." Rosalie says.
"Because it's the imprint bond. I wouldn't have done that if it wasn't for that stupid bond." I state.
"You're lying to yourself. You may still love Austin, but you care for Embry too. And the imprint bond isn't stupid. It's something beautiful." Jasper says before walking off. Alice frowns at me before following Jasper. I didn't want to admit it, but what Jasper said was true. I did care for Embry and I was blaming the imprint bond. Sure it made me feel things for him, but he has always been my best friend. I've always cared for him.

I found myself in my room doing nothing. 90's R&B played in the background while I stared out at the forest. I looked over at my futon when I heard my phone buzz. I quickly grab it when I noticed it was a text message. I see it was one from my mom.

Mom
Sam told me you were looking for your passport. I gave it to Carlisle. Please don't do anything drastic. I love you and miss you.

A small smile forms on my face. Carlisle took my phone away for a while when I turned. He thought it would be best to focus on myself and he just gave it back yesterday.

Love you and miss you.

My response was bland, but I didn't really know how to respond. I stared at my phone for a few before my eyes widened. I quickly went to my contacts and automatically started spam texting Austin. Did he know? What would he think? Is he still here? Is he doing okay?

I sat staring at my phone waiting for a response.

Austin <3
Call me.

I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed him. I held the phone against my ear and closed my eyes in worry. He picked up after the 3rd ring, his voice speaking out a soft hello.
"Hi," I mumble out awkwardly.
"When do I get to see you?" He automatically questions making me sigh out.
"I don't know. Carlisle has me on house arrest. I miss you." You could practically hear my frown. It got quiet. All I could hear were his light breaths. "Say something."
"I don't know what to say." He responds truthfully.
"Are you doing okay?" I question, trying to change the subject.
"I'm fine. Same as always, your mom is letting me stay at your place. Carlisle has been taking care of me." He responds making a smile form on my face.
"Austin..." I speak out. He hums in response. "Do you still love me?" I ask in slight worry.
"Of course I do." He says quickly. "Why wouldn't I?"
"Because I've changed," I state.
"You haven't changed. You're still you; just....dead." He says making me grow quiet. "Well, not dead, but not alive. I don't know the whole vampire-werewolf thing is still processing."
"So they told you?" I question in interest.
"More like showed me. Your....friend, Embry transformed into a big ass dog in front of me." He states making me stand up quickly.
"What?" I shout in shock.
"Yeah, he lost his shit when we got into a fight. We're cool now though. Carlisle and everyone told me everything. What a weird world we live in. You know, this probably means mermaids could exist since, you know, vampires and werewolves do." He rambles. I stand there in shock while listening to him go on. "Can't believe you're one of them now."
"Me either," I say blankly.
"I heard you have powers." He says, changing the subject.
"Hm, word spreads fast," I say making him hum out.
"From what Carlisle told me, they're pretty powerful."
"Yeah, it's just hard to control them. I've been training with Emmett." I respond.
"That's the big one right? Edward's brother." He questions.
"Yeah," I respond blankly before it gets quiet. I didn't understand why it was so awkward. "I hope to see you soon. I might have to find away Carlisle and the others."
"Yeah." He sighs out. I bite my lower lip waiting for him to say something else. "Better happen soon. I miss your cute ass." I can't help but giggle at his comment. "I have to go, I have a check-up with Carlisle. I'll text you later okay?"
"Okay." He sighs out.
"Okay, I love you," I state with a small smile.
"Love you too, bye." He says before we part ways. I toss my phone onto the side of the bed. I tried to think positive thoughts, but I could only think negative things. He still loves me...right? I mean he said it. I rub my face before staring at the ground lost in thought.

"Yo, Delilah! Let's go!" I hear Emmett yell from downstairs.
"I'm coming!" I yell back before grabbing my phone and heading downstairs.

A good two weeks have passed and everything was the same old. I constantly texted Austin while training with Emmett and Carlisle. I was honestly surprised nothing interesting has happened lately besides the fact the Volturi officially welcomed me into their world with a letter. They recognized me as a new member of the Olympic Coven. Other than that, nothing has really happened. Okay, nothing has really happened for me. Bella and Edward were finally starting to plan their wedding. I only figured out about their engagement after I woke up.

In my opinion, I think they were going way too fast. Bella was only 18 and the fact that she was getting married so young kinda seemed weird. I wasn't sure if she only said yes because she wanted to become a vampire or cause if something else. Bella never seemed like the type to want to get married young. I've been meaning to talk to her about it, but we both have been so busy.

I currently sat in the living room watching South Park with Emmett and Rosalie. Alice and Jasper were out doing their own thing, Carlisle was at his office, Edward was with Bella and Esme sat in the lounge room; reading a book. We were completely engrossed in the show that we didn't even realize Edward had come back with Bella. My relationship with her was weird. We were always on and off and it seemed like she didn't like the fact I became a vampire before her. I knew what she wanted and ever since I've become a vampire I understood why Rosalie took such a disliking to her. I'll admit, Bella is whiny, but she knows what she wants and won't stop till she gets it.

My attention drifted away from the tv when I sensed the depressive atmosphere. I looked over to see Bella clearly upset. "Did something happen?" I question.
"Jacob ran away."

Yay update! I know it's short 😪 I'm sorry, but I thought this would be a good way to end the chapter! Also, I'm so sorry it took me so long to update. I was on holiday break and was spending time with friends and family. I was also in Denver for the past week and barely got time to write 😫

Also! if any of you are confused, the book right now is taking place during Breaking dawn Pt.1. I've decided to add elements of the original book in with the movie to kinda extend it- if that makes sense? So the end of this chapter is the equivalent to the beginning of Breaking dawn pt.1 where Jacob throws the invitation on the ground and runs off.

And one more thing! I've been thinking about using gifs and pictures more for visual aspects, but I'm not sure if y'all would like that? If so though pls comment!